This One Pan Paleo Lemon Chicken Recipe, gluten-free, dairy-free, clean eating, and Whole30 compliant. I make it all the time. We love it. This is a one pan Paleo lemon chicken recipe. This recipe is much more about the technique than the ingredients. It’s a great weeknight meal to make for the whole family.
This Paleo lemon chicken recipe has a simple breading and after it’s all golden brown, you make a quick lemon sauce right in the pan. Make extra sauce to put over noodles, cauliflower or the carb of your choice.
My children love this sauce and fight over all the last bits in the pan. I really like it with roasted asparagus or roasted broccoli on the side. If you have picky eaters, you can even give them a chicken finger before you put the lemon sauce on it and let them dip it in ketchup or honey mustard sauce. Whenever I make this for guests, they are always surprised how fast it comes together and how good it tastes for so little effort and they always want the recipe.
This easy weeknight clean eating lemon chicken skillet dinner recipe is another one of my recipes I’ve made a hundred times or more. Yes, when I get a recipe the whole family can eat and enjoys, I make it a lot.
The whole family loves it and it’s easy to adapt. I’ve made this so many weeknights and even for company. The only person in my family who doesn’t like it, won’t eat chicken. Ever. So she doesn’t count if you ask me.
There are tons of variations you can do with this recipe
- We’ll each them as plain chicken tenders with some Italian seasoning, paprika and garlic powder added to make them taste really flavorful.
- You can take this basic clean eating lemon chicken recipe and at the end, use about half the amount of lemon and add heavy cream (not half and half or milk) and stir until it thickens and eat it either as a sauce on the side or make a little more and make it a little thinner and use it as pasta sauce.
- Add some onions to the cold pan and do the same thing with the seasoning and flour and you’ve got easy pan-fried onions. My entire family fights over these.
- On fish for fish tacos.
- In a taco salad. Just use the ingredients you would normally put on a ground beef taco salad, but instead use this breaded chicken. So good. Especially with grape tomatoes and homemade mayonnaise as the dressing.
- Make the chicken tenders and at the end, use cream or half-and-half and make a simple white sauce right there in the pan. It’s really good if you add some roasted garlic. Then it’s kind of like chicken fried steak, but with chicken.
- Do the same technique I mention right above this, but use hamburger or pounded steak and you’ve got an actual chicken fried steak. Add some spices, like red pepper, garlic and plenty of pepper and I like it better than chicken fried steak from most restaurants.
I hope you like my recipe. I think it’s awesome and I hope you do too. Please comment below and let me know what you think about it.
This easy roasted vegetables recipe is my #1 way to cook vegetables. I’m obsessed and you will be too. Try it with any recipe.
You may also like these:Print
One Pan Lemon Paleo Chicken Recipe
This has a simple breading and after it’s all golden brown, you make a quick lemon sauce right in the pan. I’ve made this hundreds of times and I still love it. Make extra sauce to put over noodles, cauliflower or the carb of your choice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 1 3/4 Pounds Chicken tenders
- 1/3 Cup Flour of Choice (such as cassava flour , Paleo flour, TigerNut Flour, gluten-free flour , regular flour, wheat flour, einkorn flour , spelt flour or arrowroot starch . I’ve tried so many kinds of flour and they all turned out.)
- Real Salt (to taste)
- Ground Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbl Grass Fed Butter (divided (leave out for dairy-free or use an oil of your choice))
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Fresh Lemon Juice (Use juice of 1 1/2 large or 2 small lemons)
- 1 Fresh Lemon (for garnish)
- Fresh Parsley (for garnish)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken tenders in the flour until well coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil to medium/high in a large frying pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Add half of the flour coated chicken tenders to the skillet, keeping them from touching. Cook until the chicken is golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Remove chicken from pan and add in the remaining tablespoon of Olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the remaining chicken tenders to the pan and cook in the same manner. When the chicken has been browned on both sides, add the previously cooked chicken back to the pan.
- Pour the chicken stock and lemon juice into the pan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce has reduced by half and thickened.
- Check seasonings and add more salt, if desired.
- Add lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley to the pan to garnish.
Keywords: chicken, lemon, Simple, Lemon Chicken