I’m totally in love with this recipe I made up for a simple chicken curry. I love it because I can make it fast, it’s FULL of flavor and it’s even Paleo. The sauce is so good you don’t even miss the carbs! Plus, it has a lot of healthy vegetables and no sugar and the spices totally make it.
This a quick, flavorful recipe for Paleo coconut chicken curry, made with zucchini, yellow grape tomatoes, and onion. This Indian-inspired dish makes a great meal when combined with basmati rice, cauliflower “rice”, brown rice, quinoa or even nothing, depending on your diet.
This recipe really needs to be cooked in a skillet/frying pan. I’ve tried it in the oven and the crock pot and it’s just not the same. You don’t get the caramelization you get from the skillet – just make sure you have enough oil so it will caramelize. When you use this method, you get a lot of flavor and can eat it like a soup if you want.
My children all love this dish and it’s their second favorite Indian dish that I make, but the Chicken Coconut Korma dish I make is their all-time favorite Indian dish. I make both this curry and the korma pretty spicy and they like it that way. My 4 year old girl say things like, “It’s spicy, mom, but I like it anyway.” as she tries to find something to cut down the spice. Are my children unusual that they LOVE Indian food?
Do you like your Indian food spicy or mild? What do you like to eat with your curry? Oh, I forgot to mention that this is also fantastic with my clean eating naan bread recipe here.
If you like this, please:
- Share it on Pinterest, Instagram
- Join my Paleo Recipes Facebook group
- Join my weekly Paleo Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Pinterest Paleo Recipes board
- View my Paleo recipes index
- 2 T. Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 8 Chicken Thighs(boneless, skinless), cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Large Onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 Small Zucchini, Cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced
- 1 t. Garlic, minced
- 1 T. Curry Powder
- ½ t. Paprika
- 2 t. Coarse Real Salt
- 2 Cans (about 15 oz each) Coconut Milk
- 1 C. Yellow or Red Grape tomatoes
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot to high heat. Add the chicken and cook until chicken pieces are browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside, keeping the remaining oil in the stock pot.
- Add the onion and zucchini and saute until lightly browned. Add the garlic, curry powder, paprika, and salt and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back into the pot, along with the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add the tomatoes to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve in a bowl with the coconut broth, like a soup. Top with cilantro.