As pictured, this recipe is not Paleo (because of the naan bread) but it’s easy to eat it like a soup out of the bowl or put over cauliflower rice. I’ve even seen Paleo naan bread recipes on Pinterest, if you would like to try that. To make it clean eating, serve it over brown rice or quinoa.
My children all love this slow cooker chicken tikka masala recipe. We all love to go to the Indian restaurants near our house and the only thing my children want is tikka masala. I love eating there because my children actually eat real food instead of an expensive, tasteless, unhealthy kid’s meal. Getting a couple of dishes to share usually ends up costing as much as that and I like it because I get to try a wide variety of foods. I think MY favorite Indian food is either chicken saag or coconut korma, depending on the restaurant. Click the links above to get my recipes for both of those.
I think that both of these recipes are great, which is why we have them, of course! This new one fits my family’s lifestyle a little bit better. Which one do you think looks better? Have you already tried our first recipe? Share in the comments below, we would love to hear from you! Share with all your friends you think might like this recipe!
My Natural Family
Browning the chicken in a pan first, along with the onion and spices develops a deeper flavor and richer sauce. The Garam Masala can be found in any Indian grocery store, but I was even able to find it in my small town grocery store, so maybe it is becoming a more prominent spice.
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 6 Chicken Thighs(boneless, skinless), cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 t. Garlic, minced
- 2 t. Coarse Real Salt
- 1 1/2 T. Garam Masala
- 1/2 t. Paprika
- 3 T. Tomato Paste
- 1 28 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can(15 oz) Coconut Milk
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the chicken and cook until it is golden brown on all sides. Add the chicken to the slow cooker and put the pan back on the heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, Garam Masala, and paprika and saute for another minute. Stir the tomato paste in and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker along with the can of coconut milk. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Remove the lid of the slow cooker for the last 30 minutes of cooking to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve over carb of your choice and garnish with chopped cilantro.