These gluten-free chocolate peanut butter brownies have all my favorite dessert ingredients – chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallows. I love how all the prep cooking is done in the microwave and how it only has eight simple ingredients.
What could be better than chocolate brownies, peanut butter, and toasted marshmallows? Not much! These peanut butter smores brownies are so fun to make! Plus, they are so much easier than building a fire, waiting for it to cool down and then making actual S’mores. Well, at least for most people. . .
These aren’t as messy to eat either and are portable. You also don’t have to worry about the chocolate melting, like with normal S’mores. Trust me. If you make these, you will be very popular. It reminds me of my college days when I would make brownies and cake and such and walk down the halls and the boys would follow me back to my apartment. My roommates loved me for bringing all the boys around. After all, the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right?
I got the idea for this recipe at a family reunion. We rented a huge house near Bear Lake, Utah and more than 30 of us stayed in the house at the same time. Good times! We were lucky enough to have a fire pit in the backyard and we made our family’s version of S’mores – Two Fudge Stripe cookies with a marshmallow inside. These are so much easier to make and less messy and good. This is a picture of my youngest daughter right before she took a big bite out of hers. Aren’t you jealous right about now?
But I wanted a recipe I could make year-round without a campfire and that I could make ahead as a dessert. Since peanut butter and chocolate are just about my favorite combination in the world, I thought these smores brownies would be perfect. And they are! They are pretty rich though, so you may want to start with a small piece.
These are rich, fudgy brownies with a layer of peanut butter and then topped with marshmallows. So good! You could easily leave out the peanut butter, or add some chocolate sauce if you want it really messy and chocolate-y.
I would love for you to try the smores brownies recipe and let me know how you like it. Please comment below and tell me what occasion you made them for and if you like them.
You may also like these recipes:
Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies with Marshmallow Topping
These brownies have all my favorite dessert ingredients – chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallows. I love how all the prep cooking is done in the microwave and how it only has eight simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
- In a glass bowl, add chocolates along with the butter and microwave for one minute or until the chocolate has melted, give the mixture a good mix.
- Add sugar to the chocolate butter mixture and whisk.
- Make sure that the mixture is not hot then add 3 eggs and whisk. Followed by cocoa powder and flour and mix until just combined (do not over mix). Grease a square 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Microwave the peanut butter and drizzle over the brownie batter with a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes (do not over bake), then take the brownies out of the oven and add mini marshmallows on top.
- Bake in the oven for 5 more minutes but keep an eye on the marshmallows as they can get burnt very quickly.
- Let the brownies cool down, then cut into 9 pieces and serve.
Keywords: gooey, rich, campfire