This Keto coconut lime chicken only takes half an hour to make and it all comes together in only one pan. It has a light coconut flavor and the sauce is really good either with just the chicken or with something to soak it up like cauliflower rice.
Looking for a delicious Keto meal that’s jam-packed full of flavor? My recipe offers exactly that: deliciousness on a plate that’s Keto-friendly and has a spicy kick.
I love the fact that this entire recipe is prepared in one pan. What’s even better is that everything is cooked in coconut oil – which helps elevate the dish’s coconut-infused flavor.
When preparing this recipe, be sure to use full-fat coconut milk in order to keep it Keto-friendly. If you want to increase the spiciness, I recommend using one full tablespoon of chili flakes rather than half a tablespoon.
It’s impressive how thick the coconut-lime sauce can get despite not having any cornstarch in it. I was extremely generous with the green onion garnishing – it helps offset the dish’s overall spicy flavor!
I am a creature of habit… I follow the same route when shopping at the grocery store, I load the dishwasher the same (basic) way every time, I eat the same varieties of foods for breakfast and lunch, etc. My systems break when it comes to dinner. I can’t eat the same thing for dinner every night. I don’t know why it doesn’t bother me for lunch and breakfast, and not dinner…but it does. I need variety for dinner.
Consequently, I am always looking for new ways to prepare dinner. When I first started cooking healthy dinners every night – many years ago. I was “scared” of fats (even healthy fats), so I basically served the same thing for dinner night after night (chicken, plain brown rice, and steamed broccoli)…so BORING, and as you can imagine dinner became less of a priority, and I didn’t look forward to sitting down and eating with my family (although making dinner and coming up with a menu was super simple – I guess there is a give and take both ways).
Nowadays, I am no longer “scared” of healthy fats, and depend on them to flavor my foods, and I am a huge advocate of healthy, flavorful, meals. I now look forward to cooking and serving dinner – it’s amazing how things change…I never thought I would be admitting to the world that I like to cook dinner!
This recipe meets all my current dinner requirements – healthy, high in protein, healthy fats, simple, flavorful, and makes a balanced meal when served with a heaping serving of vegetables and a side dish like cauliflower rice or your favorite kind of rice. It’s an all-around win!
I would love to know if you try this and what you think of it. Please comment below and let me know.
You may also like these recipes:
30-Minute Keto Coconut Lime Chicken Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 4–5 skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- Juice of one lime
- 2–3 tbsp dried cilantro
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ tbsp red chili flakes
- 2–3 stalks green onion, chopped
- One lime, sliced (for garnishing)
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken on oiled pan. Once they’re all cooked through, place on a clean plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sautee for one more minute.
- Add water, lime juice and cilantro – bring to a boil then lower heat.
- Add coconut milk and chili flakes and simmer for 4-6 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and allow to cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Serve on individual plates with favorite keto-friendly side dish. Garnish chicken with chopped green onion and lime slices. Enjoy!
Keywords: creamy, quick, easy