Easy Lemon Herb Chicken Recipe
This easy chicken recipe comes together in only half an hour and has a simple, light sauce that even picky eaters love. It’s perfect for a last-minute weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp lemon juice (approx. 1–2 fresh lemons)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil plus more to garnish
- Pound the chicken until it is fairly flat and there are not any thicker portions.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Place chicken and 1/4 cup lemon juice in skillet and cook on each side for about 5 minutes. Check to make sure it is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add the butter and onions.
- Saute the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, thyme and basil.
- Add the chicken back in then allow it to simmer until the chicken broth is reduced by half (approx. 10 minutes).
- Spoon the lemon herb sauce over the top.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh basil.
Keywords: Easy, Light, Saucy