Today we have a delicious Paleo ice cream recipe for you! That’s right a coconut milk Paleo ice cream recipe with only 4 ingredients and sugar is NOT one of them! Now – how can it get any better than that? My waistline sure does like to store a lot of sugar from all that ice cream I consume – but no more! I can enjoy ice cream without all that sugar!
Nothing tastes better than natural flavors packed together to create a chilling comfort food! I purposely created this recipe without any sort of sweetener, except the bananas. Really, this recipe is all about technique. If you haven’t tried brown butter before, then this is the recipe for you to try it on. It tastes nutty and has deep flavor – you may even call it “caramelized.”
I have a couple of notes for you that might help you enjoy this treat more, depends on preference. The riper your bananas are, the sweeter the ice cream will end up being. This happens to be a delicious way to use up any over-ripe bananas you have laying around the house. Also, it is important to note that you should be using canned coconut milk and not the coconut milk that is found in the refrigerated cartons. It will affect the creaminess and overall texture of the ice cream. Do you have any more tips to make this ice cream even better?
I don’t know about you, but ice cream is by far my biggest weakness! I love it so much! I would not be the cookie monster but ice cream monster!!!
Time to make some delicious Paleo ice cream! I hope you enjoy this coconut milk ice cream recipe! Leave your feedback in the comments and let me know if you like the recipe and if you have any tips for the other readers.
Here are some answers to some common questions about Paleo Ice Cream:
Is sorbet Paleo?
Only if you can find a good sugar free sorbet recipe. Sorbet is just water and sugar usually.
Is there any Paleo ice cream?
Yes, this ice cream recipe is Paleo and I have other Paleo ice cream recipes too. Just follow this link 9 of the Best Ever Ice Cream Recipes
If you like this Paleo Ice Cream, you may also like these recipes:Print
A paleo ice cream recipe that only has 4 ingredients. It is a healthy version of a classic dessert treat. It is creamy with caramelized bananas and pecans.
- Slice 2 of the bananas and place the slices in a sealed bag or container in the freezer overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Slice the remaining 2 bananas into rounds at least 1/2″ thick.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium/high heat until the butter begins to foam and turn very lightly brown.
- Place the banana slices in the saute pan with the butter and cook until the bottoms turn golden brown.
- Flip slices over and brown on the other side.
- Transfer the caramelized bananas and butter to a container or thick ziploc bag(use a rubber spatula to scrape all the butter and browned bits in as well) and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas(both the caramelized and the un-caramelized)in a high-speed blender like a vitamix. A food processor would work, as well.
- Break up any large, stuck together pieces as best you can.
- Pulse the frozen bananas until they start to look like very large bread crumbs.
- Add the coconut milk and blend.
- You may have to scrape down the sides and press the banana crumbles down into the center a few times.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Mixture will be thick like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add the pecans to the ice cream and mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop into dishes and serve immediately.