This grilled Mahi Mahi recipe in a lemon butter sauce is a really good copycat recipe I made up after eating it in one of my favorite restaurant’s, Carraba’s Italian Grill. For a long period of time, this was pretty much the only restaurant that I trusted eating out at with my very strict dietary needs. I knew the workers and they were very helpful and kind with making an order custom for specific needs. This Grilled Mahi Mahi dish is my to go dish when I go to Carraba’s, it is so good I tend to always be drawn to it.
Generally, this dish is breaded and the breading is really good. I thought it would be fun to do a grilled fish with this lemon butter sauce since there are a lot of recipes out there for pan-fried or baked with this kind of sauce.*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
Mahi Mahi holds up SO well to grilling because it’s firm enough that it won’t fall apart. It is also not a very “fishy” tasting fish, so it’s a good fish to try if you aren’t a big fish person.
As a bonus, this grilled fish recipe is Paleo, gluten-free and “clean” and only has a few ingredients. The grill flavor makes it have a smokey flavor that you wouldn’t get if you breaded this dish.
This grilled Mahi Mahi recipe would be really good to cook for someone you want to impress. It would also be good for a special dinner with your significant other since there would be a lot fewer people than a crowded restaurant and it would cost a lot less money too. Plus, when you eat at home, you know exactly what you are getting because there are no hidden ingredients.
Do you like to eat at Carrabba’s too? I’m so spoiled since there is one only a few blocks from my house. What’s your favorite Carrabba’s dish? My husband’s favorite is the Chicken Bryan since it has goat cheese and he can’t do regular dairy but tolerates cow’s milk butter, goat milk and cheese just fine.
This easy roasted vegetable recipe is my #1 way to cook vegetables. I’m obsessed and you will be too. Try it with any recipe.
If you like this Grilled Mahi Mahi, you may also like these recipes:Print
Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe in a Lemon Butter Sauce (Carrabba’s copycat)
Simple enough to make on a weeknight but fancy enough for company. Once you try this lemon butter sauce, you will want to put it on everything!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat a grill to medium/high heat.
- Place the Mahi Mahi fillets in a bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the fish, to taste.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fish and turn the fish to coat.
- Place the fish on the hot grill and let cook for about 3-4 minutes per side(depending on thickness), turning carefully.
- Remove from the grill to a serving dish.
- While the fish is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium/high heat in a small saute pan.
- Add the minced onion to the butter and saute for about 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the sauce and stir in until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Pour butter sauce over the top of the grilled mahi mahi and serve.
Keywords: mahi mahi, lemons