I am a big fan of using my crock pot and I always use the same easy Paleo Crock Pot Roast Recipe recipe because it is easy and delicious! It’s also a pretty inexpensive meal if you get your meat on sale. I got my roast for under $11 and will use it for 2 meals. I think that is a pretty good deal for a family of 4!
I say to use a 2-3 pound chuck roast, but you can use a butt roast also. A 2-3 lb roast will probably get you 8-12 servings and I always have too much so I always cut my roast in half and freeze the other half. This works best for us, but I included ingredients to use for a full roast.
The gravy is really easy to make and you can easily make it gluten free by using a gluten-free flour or “clean” by using whole wheat, spelt or einkorn flour. To make this easy pot roast crock pot recipe Paleo, just use turnips instead of white potatoes and tapioca or arrowroot starch for the gravy.
Watch this video to see how easy this Paleo Crock Pot Roast Recipe is made – plus get some (hopefully) helpful tips –
Watch on Youtube – https://youtu.be/_p3gWfAJ67A
If you want to learn more about how to adapt this recipe to different diets, please watch this video:
Watch on Youtube – https://youtu.be/3ZhCgeppMKg
It is the middle of December and here in Utah where we live it is normally very cold and snowy. There is usually so much snow all the time for months on and on. Well, it has only snowed twice this year and the amount of snow was very small compared to a normal Utah snow. I mean it hasn’t snowed enough to send the kiddos out to build a snowman (which they have been wanting to build Olaf) or throw snowballs and just play in the snow!
As Christmas gets closer we are all hoping it will start to snow! I don’t know about you guys and depending on where you live, it doesn’t really feel like the holiday season until there is snow everywhere!
Not only has there not been any snow but it has been abnormally warm! I have been walking around in sandals and no jacket! This unheard of in December here in Utah! Where do you you live? What is your winter normally like? Has it been snowing where you are? Comment below! Here is a cute picture of my daughter playing dress up while she is wishing for snow!
We hope you enjoy this Paleo Crock Pot Roast Recipe dinner that is great to make in the morning and it will be ready for dinner time! Just throw it in the crockpot!
I have another crock pot roast recipe here, which uses different vegetables and a chimichurri sauce. I love it and you may too!
If you like this Paleo Crock Pot Roast Recipe, you may also like these recipes:Print
Easy Pot Roast Crock Pot Recipe
This is a simple crock pot meal, it is simply a chuck roast with potatoes and carrots with a sauce over it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 330 minutes
- Total Time: 315 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- First cut all of the potatoes and onions into large chunks. Using large chunks (about 2 inches square) makes sure they don’t turn to mush in the crock pot.
- First add the Roast to the crock pot, then the potatoes and onions and carrots (if used).
- Then add the seasonings over top.
- Next add the beef stock. The roast should be covered in liquid so add water until it is covered.
- Depending on your crock pot and how fast it cooks will depend on the time. Mine is pretty hot so it took about 5 hours on high/10 hours on low.
- You will know it is done when you put a fork in it and it just falls apart.
- Once it is done remove the roast, potatoes, onions, and carrots from the crock pot and enjoy.
- You can use the juice over your roast or you can make a gravy by putting it on the stove and bringing to a boil while whisking in flour to the desired texture.
Keywords: beef roast, carrots, onions, crock pot roast