This is a Quick and Easy Keto Egg Muffins recipe that is so convenient, packed with flavor, veggies, and meat and tastes great. These Paleo egg muffins are jam-packed with flavor and come together relatively quick. They are full of color, texture, and healthy ingredients including sausage, spinach, and peppers.
These Paleo egg muffins are a high protein and low carb meal and can be eaten alone or served with a green smoothie (which is my favorite way to eat them). I think the best part about them is you can make them fresh or you can make them ahead of time and heat them for when you or other family members are rushing out the door.
My 10-year-old son loves these, although he usually doesn’t want the veggies. I make them the night before and he eats them for his breakfast and lunch for the next day or two. They are really portable and he will eat them cold just fine. There aren’t any flours so they pull together quickly and I love that they are healthy, but he doesn’t even care about that since they taste good.
They are basically little portable omelets that you can make ahead and eat when you are ready. It doesn’t take very long to throw them in the toaster oven or oven for a few minutes and heat them up – or you could eat them cold like my son and since they have several different types of food, they may be all you need for breakfast.
A tip I can give you is to make sure you get as much grease as possible off the sausage before you put it in the muffins, or else they turn in to a bit, greasy, burning mess on the bottom of your oven. Don’t ask me how I know that . . .
I would love to hear if you try these and if you love them or have suggestions on how to improve them. Please comment below!
If you like these Paleo egg muffins, you may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo and Keto Egg Muffin Recipe
These paleo egg muffins are jam packed with flavor and come together relatively quick. They are full of color, texture, and healthy ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- Place the ground sausage in a sauté pan and heat on medium high. Break up the pork into crumbles with a spatula as it cooks.
- When the pork is half way cooked, add 1 T. of olive oil, onions, peppers, and oregano to the pan. Saute until the onion is translucent. Add the spinach to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 seconds, remove the lid and toss the ingredients. Spinach should be wilted but still bright green. Remove from heat.
- Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl along with the pepper, salt, and milk. Whisk together until eggs are well beaten.
- Add the sausage and vegetables to the egg mixture and mix in until well distributed.
- Divide the mixture between the greased muffin tins(12 total), making sure that each tin has a somewhat equal ratio of eggs/fillings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and remove from tins, loosening the edges first with a knife.
Keywords: sausage, peppers, onion, eggs, muffins, breakfast