This is the recipe we used for Paleo Hamburger Buns to go with our Paleo Sloppy Joes and Paleo BBQ Sauce. It worked as a great combination together. The first time we made these they turned out a little dry so if you just add the flour slowly in increments it will be easier to tell how much you need and don’t put any more than we have on the recipe. The buns cook super fast and you should watch them carefully unless you want a burnt overcooked bun.
Make sure that you allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes before scooping and baking so that it can thicken. It will seem thinner when first mixing, but after sitting the coconut flour will absorb a lot of liquid, thickening it up. Following is a picture to show what the batter should look like before being baked.*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
If you like these Paleo Hamburger Buns, you may also like these recipes:Print
This Paleo hamburger buns recipe is surprisingly easy and good. I especially love it with Paleo sloppy joes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, and hot water and whisk together until very smooth. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to fully absorb into the liquids.
- Place 8 mounds of batter, about 1/4 cup each, evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet. I use a 2 tablespoon scoop and place two scoops on top of each other. see picture for reference to how the batter should look before it goes in the oven.
- Sprinkle the tops of the buns with poppy seeds, dehydrated garlic, or sesame seeds(or all mixed together!) before baking, if desired.
- Bake buns for 8-9 minutes, or until set in the center. let cool and store in an airtight container.
- Makes 4 buns using 2 pieces for a top and a bottom.