Paleo oatmeal raisin cookies recipe to help you live a Paleo lifestyle and still enjoy delicious food with almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, and honey. This Paleo Oatmeal raisin cookies recipe is chewy, soft and healthy. I eat them for snacks and desserts all the time!
It can be a real challenge to live a Paleo lifestyle and still enjoy delicious food. Well, we are going to make it a little bit easier for you here because we have a delicious Paleo oatmeal raisin cookies recipe for you. The recipe is for Paleo oatmeal raisin cookies with dates. These cookies are chewy and soft.
They can have nuts added in, if you prefer. The cookies use a mixture of almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, and honey to sweeten naturally. I love mixing the different flours together because then you can’t taste any one flour and it makes a really good texture.
These cookies are sweetened with dates and honey, so they are much healthier than regular oatmeal cookies. I also think you will be surprised with how close the texture is to “real” oatmeal cookies.
One of the best things about cookies is portion control so you know exactly how many cookies you’ve eaten. They are also great for kids because they can grab them and go. These are also healthy enough that you may even want to have one with your breakfast or for a snack.
So I have a question for everyone – when you are looking at new recipes like on blogs like ours. What factors do you consider when trying to decide if you will actually try a recipe? Is it the ingredients or method? Or is it the pictures? A combination of all them? We would love your input so we know where to focus our efforts! Have a fabulous day!
If you like these Paleo Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, you may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo “Oatmeal” Cookies Recipe
These cookies are chewy and soft. They can have nuts added in, if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until chopped well, forming a paste. Add the honey to the dates and process until blended together. Add the butter to the processor and blend with the dates and honey.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the processor and blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend in with the wet until just combined. Add in the raisins(more or less, according to your preference) and stir into the dough.
- Scoop out mounds of dough (2 T. per cookie) and roll into a ball. Place the dough balls on a greased baking sheet and press down to about 1/2″ thickness(cookies will not change shape or spread at all while baking).
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes, or until just turning brown on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies on a wire rack.