These flourless banana oatmeal pancakes are satisfying, quick and gluten-free. They only take 5 minutes to throw together in the blender and then top with a special creamy peanut butter syrup. There is Greek yogurt both in the pancakes and the syrup, so you get all those health benefits and it keeps them really low in sugar.
As a kid growing up, pancakes for breakfast were a special treat. I grew up in a family of 8 kids. Yep. You heard that right. I was #1 of 8 children. Luckily, there were never more than about 6 of us living at home at any one time, because we were pretty far spread apart in age. But, with that many children, we were coming and going at different times and we mostly ate a quick breakfast of cereal, oatmeal, toast - or just skipped breakfast.
But since my mom didn't work and we didn't have much money, my mom made almost everything from scratch, and pancakes can be very economical, so we got those quite a bit on the weekends. But they were always just basic pancakes with "fake" syrup.
It wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized I could have pancakes every day for breakfast if I wanted to…but by that time, I was too busy to make pancakes just for myself, and 1 cup of plain cheerios with ½ a cup of milk was a lot easier than traditional pancakes and syrup - how sad and boring for me.
It wasn’t until a few years ago when I started to realize that a nutrient-rich and balanced breakfast was more important (and better for my waistline) than only eating 150 calories for breakfast, so I started eating pancakes for breakfast again. Instead of traditional pancakes, I liked to get creative, making sure to add more nutrients, protein, and healthy fats in my pancakes.
As far as syrup goes, at first, I topped all my pancakes with sugar-free syrup (which doesn’t taste good). I now get creative with my pancake syrups as well, and they are much tastier and healthier than the sugar-free option.
In conclusion to my little story, my breakfast routine has come a long way since I was a freshman in college living on my own. Instead of a boring, small, and completely bland bowl of cereal, I enjoy a stack of pancakes smothered in syrup – much better, and much healthier.
Now onto these flourless oatmeal banana pancakes with creamy peanut butter syrup…these flourless oatmeal banana pancakes taste like banana bread topped with peanut butter – yum. They are full of wholesome ingredients and are surprisingly high in protein. This single-serving recipe will leave you satisfied all morning long, without making you feel heavy and sluggish, or without giving you a sugar rush from too much syrup.
They also come together in a flash. I use my magic bullet and have hot pancakes ready to eat in a matter of minutes. They are good enough to convince you to change up your current breakfast routine.Print
These nutritional pancakes with creamy peanut butter syrup are delicious and will leave you satisfied all morning long without feeling sluggish or heavy. Plus, they only take 5 minutes to throw together in a blender!
For the Pancakes
- ½ cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- ¼ banana
- ¼ cup full fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
For the Syrup
- 2 Tbsp full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, such as honey, etc.)
For the Pancakes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour onto a griddle on medium heat and cook 2-3 minutes, flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
For the Syrup
- Combine all ingredients together and pour onto cooked pancakes.
- Natural peanut butter may be substituted for the peanut flour, the syrup will be slightly thicker.
- 1 egg white can be substituted for the full egg for a slightly thicker batter.
Keywords: nutritional, creamy, satisfying
You may also like...
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes Index, Ideas, and Foods to Buy
- Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Overnight Crockpot Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe
- Basic, Healthy Overnight Oats Recipe Plus Five Variations and a Vegan Option
- Oat Flour Recipes Plus How to Make Oat Flour
- Chickpea Flour Pancakes Recipe
- Clean Eating Breakfast Recipes Index
- The Best Clean Eating Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe