Chick peas are also known as garbanzo beans. And garbanzo bean flour is also known as chickpea flour, besan flour and gram flour. Whatever the name, they are all the exact same thing.
Garbanzo beans are from the legume family and are very high in protein, are a complex carb, low in fat, are very filling,
Garbanzo beans can help you burn fat, can be used as an egg replacement and can be ground in to a flour that is grain-free and is gluten-free.
The most traditional way to cook garbanzo beans is in hummus, falafel or eat them whole in salads but here are several ideas of new and exciting chickpea recipes to try.
Wondering where to find chickpea flour? I like to either buy this on Amazon or it’s even better to buy it sprouted (so much easier than doing it yourself) and if you aren’t already a member of Thrive Market, you can get a free bag of sprouted garbanzo bean flour + $1.95 shipping + 30 day trial + 15% off first purchase – or existing members will receive a free bag with any purchase over $50. Click here for this special offer just for readers of My Natural Family.
All is the recipes here are made with a can of garbanzo beans. If you want recipes for gluten free garbanzo bean or chickpea recipes made with flour. Go to the links below.
For more garbanzo bean ideas see the posts below:
- 1. Flourless Peanut Butter Chickpea Pancakes Recipe
- 2. Clean Eating Classic Smooth Hummus Recipe
- 3. Hummus without Tahini Recipe
- 4. Tikka Masala Recipe
- 5. Oven Roasted BBQ Chick Peas Recipe
- 6. Baked Spiced Chickpeas Recipe
- 7. Tomato Avocado Cucumber Chick Pea Salad Recipe with Feta and Greek Lemon Dressing
- 8. Supercharging Avocado Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 9. Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 10. Caprese Veggie Burger Sliders Recipe
- 11. Buffalo Chickpea Burgers Recipe
- 12. Chickpea Nuggets Recipe
- Click here to see recipes 13-25
Try this Paleo Hamburger Buns Recipe