Check out our awesome list of 20 healthy chick pea recipes. It includes garbanzo bean flour recipes, garbanzo bean cookies and other garbanzo bean recipes. Chick peas are also known as garbanzo beans. And garbanzo bean flour is also known as chickpea flour, besan flour and gram flour. Chick peas are from the legume family and are very high in protein, are a complex carb, low in fat, is very filling, Chick peas can help you burn fat, can be used as an egg replacer and can be ground in to a flour that is grain-free and is gluten-free. The most traditional way to cook garbanzo beans is in hummus, falafel and whole in salads but here are several ideas of new and exciting chickpea recipes to try. Wondering where to find chickpea flour? The best brand I’ve found is Bob’s Red Mill Garbanzo Bean Flour.
I’ve accumulated a list of all the great garbanzo bean recipes from Pinterest so you can find one that you love:
1. Chickpea Pancakes aka Garbanzo Bean Flatbread Recipe from My Natural Family
2. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites Recipe from Texanerin
3. Farinata or Socca Recipe from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
4. Garbanzo Bean Pancake Recipe from My Natural Family
Pretty much anything you drizzle with the best maple syrup is good!
5. Apple and Garbanzo Cake Recipe from I Breathe…I’m Hungry
6. Garbanzo Bean Flour Pizza Crust or Cecina (Farinata) Recipe from BFF Food Project
I make this at least once a week for either just me or my whole family. I prefer it a little thicker but my children like it really thin, crisp and well-cooked. We had a hard time finding something to cook it on that doesn’t stick. So far the best thing we’ve found is stoneware but it needs to have sides so we do several pie pans so everyone can have their own pizza. A frying pan works ok too but I gave up after both my husband and I burned ourselves on the handle.
7. Chickpea Chips (Corn free Nacho Chips, Gluten Free, Vegan) Recipe from My Real Food Life
8. Cookie Dough Dip Recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie
9. Chickpea Fries Recipe from Vegetable Matter
10. Chickpea Farinata Bread Recipe from This Gluten Free Life
11. Besan Crackers Recipe from The Mindful Foodie
12. Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes Made With Garbanzo Bean Flour Recipe from Cupcake Project
13. Roasted Garlic Hummus Recipe from Martha Stewart
14. Baked Spiced Chickpeas Recipe from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
15. Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe from Keepin it Kind
16. Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry with Chickpeas Recipe from The Lemon Bowl
17. Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake Recipe from All Recipes
18. Falafel Patties Recipe from Bob’s Red Mill
19. Garbanzo Bean Pumpkin Muffins Recipe from Bob’s Red Mill
20. Swiss Chard and Mushroom Popover Bake Recipe from Bob’s Red Mill
21. Chickpea Flour Pizza Recipe from Food.com
As a thank you for reading this blog post, please enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a free bottle of doTERRA Deep Blue Roll On 10ml and new Six Sisters' Stuff Cookbook that hasn't been released yet. a Rafflecopter giveaway
The fine print: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. My Natural Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I try my best to be honest and will not recommend product I truly don't believe in. The advice shared in this post has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.