I am a big fan of using my crock pot and I always use the same Pot Roast Crock Pot Recipe because it is easy and delicious! It’s also a pretty inexpensive meal if you get your meat on sale. I got my roast for under $11 and will use it for 2 meals. I think that is a pretty good deal for a family of 4!
I say to use a 2-3 pound chuck roast, but you can use a butt roast also. A 2-3 lb roast will probably feed 5-6 people and I always have too much so I always cut my roast in half and freeze the other half. This works best for us, but I included ingredients to use for a full roast.
- 2-3 Lb Chuck Roast
- 5 Potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 Onion cut into chunks
- 4 Carrots (optional)
- 2 Cups Beef Stock or Broth
- 2 Cups of Water
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Salt and Pepper to taste
- First cut all of the potatoes and onions into large chunks. Using large chunks (about 2 inches square) makes sure they don’t turn to mush in the crock pot.
- First add the Roast to the crock pot, then the potatoes and onions and carrots (if used).
- Then add the seasonings over top.
- Next add the beef stock. The roast should be covered in liquid so add water until it is covered.
- Depending on your crock pot and how fast it cooks will depend on the time. Mine is pretty hot so it took about 5 hours on high. You will know it is done when you put a fork in it and it just falls apart.
- Once it is done remove the roast, potatoes, onions, and carrots from the crock pot and enjoy.
- You can use the juice over your roast or you can make a gravy by putting it on the stove and bringing to a boil while whisking in flour to the desired texture.
We hope you enjoy this Pot Roast dinner that is great to make in the morning and it will be ready for dinner time! Just throw it in the crock pot!
The fine print: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. My Natural Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I try my best to be honest and will not recommend product I truly don't believe in. The advice shared in this post has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.