You may think it’s hard to find a healthy pumpkin protein bars recipe but I have a great one for you today. I don’t know many people who don’t love a good treat!
JAMIE EASON HEALTHY PROTEIN BARS RECIPE
- ½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend —(I am not a fan of Splenda or Xylitol so I replaced with ½ cup Organic Dark Brown Sugar-but regular brown sugar will do!)
- 1 – 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce–(I use baby food applesauce OR those tiny natural individual applesauces! Just make sure its 4 oz)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 – 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 C oat flour—(I find it much cheaper to just make my own OAT FLOUR. You usually need almost double the oats to make same amount of flour. So for these 2 cups of oat flour, you will need almost 4 cups oats and blend REALLY WELL in blender until it is Powder!!! You want it very fine!)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- ½ cup almond milk–(You can use any kind of milk you want! I prefer this or skim, but I have also used whole and 1% and its worked out fine!)
- ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)–(YES PLEASE, yummy!!! Sometimes I sprinkle on top and sometimes I mix in with the batter!)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated.
- Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min. (I usually only leave in the oven for 25, the plus is they are softer-the negative is the fall apart easier….the other plus is they fall apart easier, YUM!!!! Try both ways and see what you like!)
- NOW ENJOY!
- And these DO need to be refrigerated to stay fresh! You can eat them cold or warm them up for 15-20 seconds too!
Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein
Makes 24 squares.—(If you are relying on these nutrition facts you need to be sure you are cutting the pan into 24 squares!)!
Weekly Paleo Meal Plans - eMeals or Grain-Free Meal Plans
The fine print: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. My Natural Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I try my best to be honest and will not recommend product I truly don't believe in. The advice shared in this post has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.