This recipe is my gluten-free molten lava cake recipe and it is delicious, made in the crock pot and very easy to make. Who doesn’t love a rich, warm double chocolate recipe? This recipe works well with the Clean Eating, Gluten-Free, and Dairy-Free lifestyle and for people not on a particular diet as well.
(It’s dairy-free as long as you don’t consider butter dairy, which I do not since it’s the fat portion of milk and doesn’t contain either lactose or casein. If you consider butter dairy, just substitute the butter with whatever butter substitute you like, such as a Vegan butter or coconut oil).
All people will love this if you so choose to make it for a crowd, family or party! Start it at the beginning of your cooking and let it do it’s magic while you cook and eat the rest of your dinner. Oat flour gives the perfect texture to this Clean Eating crockpot cake. It makes it rich, dense and moist.
If you are worried that oats may not be totally gluten-free make sure you use “certified gluten-free oats”. (Oats may cause a reaction in some celiacs. “While uncontaminated oats do not contain the same gluten as wheat, they contain a similar substance called avenin, which some individuals may not tolerate, however as a general rule, oat avenin is tolerated better than wheat or barley gluten”.)
Many of my recipes have ingredients that can be substituted or left out. I would say this recipe does not fall in that category. It was tricky to get it to work just right with the ingredients I have and I could not guarantee how well the recipe would turn out if you tried substitutions. Although, if you do try some substitutions and they work or don’t work, I would love to know, so please comment.
Serve hot with a scoop of Clean Eating vanilla ice cream! We hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it! Subscribe to our blog if you would like to see future recipes and other posts from us!
You may also like these:Print
Slow Cooker Gluten-Free Molten Lava Cake Recipe
Oat flour gives the perfect texture to this clean eating crock pot cake. Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Total Time: 140 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- 2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Palm Sugar
- 6 Tbl Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbl Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbl Butter (melted, substitute coconut oil if you don’t eat butter)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
FOR THE LAVA
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Cups Boiling hot water
- Grease the bowl of a slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, butter, and vanilla to the bowl and whisk in until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the greased slow cooker and spread to level.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3/4 C. Coconut Palm Sugar and the 1/2 C. Cocoa Powder.
- Sprinkle over the top of the cake batter in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the honey and hot water.
- Pour over the top of the cake, cover with a lid, and cook on high for 1 1/2-2 hours. Cake is done as soon as it is puffed and firm on the top. The liquid chocolate lava will be on the bottom of the cake.
Keywords: clean, crock pot, perfect texture