I have a couple of notes for you that might help you enjoy this treat more, depends on preference. The more ripe your bananas are, the sweeter the ice cream will end up being. Also it is important to note that you should be using canned coconut milk and not the coconut milk that is found in the refrigerated cartons. It will affect the creaminess and overall texture of the ice cream. Do you have any more tips to make this ice cream even better?
I don’t know about you, but ice cream is by far my biggest weakness! I love it so much! I would not be the cookie monster but ice cream monster!!!
Time to make some delicious ice cream! I hope you enjoy this Paleo ice cream recipe! Leave your feedback in the comments!
My Natural Family
A paleo ice cream recipe that only has 4 ingredients. It is a healthy version of a classic dessert treat. It is creamy with caramelized bananas and pecans.
8 hrPrep Time
15 minCook Time
8 hr, 15 Total Time
- 4 bananas
- 3 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter (salted) (Ghee for Whole30)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk canned, chilled
- 1/2 Cup Pecans chopped & toasted
- Slice 2 of the bananas and place the slices in a sealed bag or container in the freezer overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Slice the remaining 2 bananas into rounds at least 1/2" thick.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium/high heat until the butter begins to foam and turn very lightly brown.
- Place the banana slices in the saute pan with the butter and cook until the bottoms turn golden brown.
- Flip slices over and brown on the other side.
- Transfer the caramelized bananas and butter to a container or thick ziploc bag(use a rubber spatula to scrape all the butter and browned bits in as well) and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas(both the caramelized and the un-caramelized)in a high-speed blender like a vitamix. A food processor would work, as well.
- Break up any large, stuck together pieces as best you can.
- Pulse the frozen bananas until they start to look like very large bread crumbs.
- Add the coconut milk and blend.
- You may have to scrape down the sides and press the banana crumbles down into the center a few times.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Mixture will be thick like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add the pecans to the ice cream and mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop into dishes and serve immediately.