So I have been wanting a good recipe to make at home to satisfy my cravings for a good Cafe Rio style salad. This cilantro lime fajita salad definitely exceeded my expectations. It is a great recipe and I will be going out to eat less and continue to make this recipe quite frequently. 🙂
Alright, this post is for our sizzling cilantro lime fajita salad with honey lime vinaigrette recipe. This takes a Paleo chicken salad recipe to the next level. It is full of flavor and will keep you satisfied and content. This is a great salad for a fajita flavor without the tortilla. It can be modified to fit your taste easily as well. This works well for a whole meal since it has so many parts to it.
I also love to serve this at large family parties since people can pick and choose what they want and they can choose if they want to make a salad or a taco from the ingredients. The dressing is the highlight of the salad. It never ceases to amaze me how you can put a few ingredients in a blender and they come out a whole different thing than went in to the blender and it tastes so much better than if you just poured the ingredients for the vinaigrette right on the salad (don’t ask me how I know that . . .).
Do you eat salads more for lunch or dinner? Share below!If you like this post, please:
- Join my Paleo Recipes Facebook group
- Join my weekly Paleo Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Pinterest Paleo Recipes board
- View my Paleo recipes index
My Natural Family
The vinaigrette and marinade are easy to throw together with little clean-up, as you can use the same blender to make both without having to wash it because the ingredients are complimentary. The chicken and veggies are SUPER flavorful and the dressing is fantastic.
35 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2/3 C. Cilantro
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 2 T. Honey
- 1/2 C. Light Olive Oil (do not use extra virgin)
- 2 T. White Vinegar
- 1 t. Real Salt
- 1/2 C. Cilantro
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2 t. Coarse Real Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 t. Cumin
- 1 t. Chili Powder
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 2-3 heads Romaine Hearts, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 3/4 C. Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend together
- until the garlic is well chopped and ingredients have emulsified.
- Refrigerate dressing.
- Using the same blender or processor that the vinaigrette was made in(you
- don't need to wash it out), place all ingredients for the marinade inside
- and puree until garlic is finely chopped. Pour 1/2 of the marinade into a
- bowl or Ziploc bag and add chicken to the marinade. Pour the other half of
- the marinade into another bag or bowl and add the sliced onion and peppers
- to it. Let marinate overnight or for several hours, if possible. You can
- also skip letting it marinade and use it immediately. It will still taste
- Prepare salad plates(or a large bowl) by placing lettuce, avocado sliced,
- and cherry tomatoes on each plate(or all together in a bowl.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok to high. Add the vegetables(do not add the
- marinade) to the hot pan and cook quickly, tossing with tongs or a spatula
- until the veggies are still crisp, but golden brown in spots. Remove from
- pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan on high heat, add the chicken and marinade to the pan and
- cook for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and slightly
- caramelized. Toss with the vegetables.
- Top salads with the hot chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with the cilantro
- lime vinaigrette.
Check out this fajita salad recipe on Instagram:
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and post on Instagram using hashtag @mynaturalfamily and if we like it, we'll add your Instagram post at the bottom of this page!
Sizzling Cilantro Lime Fajita Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette Recipe – this low carb, flavorful and colorful salad is something you will want to make again and again. To find the recipe, go to mynaturalfamily.com and search for sizzling. #recipe #recipeoftheday #salad #chicken #food #cooking #delish #instagood #instafood #yum #cleaneating #glutenfree #lowcarb #protein #wholefood #healthy #healthyrecipes #cleanfood #cleaneats #dinnertime #goodfood #yummy #delicious #hungry #instapic #fresh #homemade #foodie #foodgasm