Have you tried grass-fed pork before? I’m spoiled where I live because I live close to Real Foods Market, which is like the Mecca of grass-fed beef, pork, raw milk and the best free range eggs ever! They are also the owners of Real Salt and Redmond Clay. If you eat Paleo and you have not stopped eating regular salt, you really need to research Real Salt and consider it because the crappy salt from the store (even sea salt) is not the same stuff they had in the Paleolithic Age. Regular salt is processed and has lots of unhealthy additives. Real Salt tastes awesome and only has the good stuff. It’s actually healthy for you, unlike regular salt, which is very not healthy for you.
I’ve made this recipe for our family so many times and the whole family loves it. My husband and I love tons of the sauce poured over it. It’s nice for a change to have something that tastes so good that we can have as much as we want since it doesn’t have sugar of any kind in it. I also love using the crock pot and the leftovers for this pork roast are really, really good and versatile. You can eat the roast plain, with BBQ sauce on, on a sandwich, on a salad or you can bake it and make it crispy, kind of like bacon.
My Natural Family
This is a slow cooked pot roast with a savory Chimichurri Sauce. Have a great meal the whole family can enjoy!
30 minPrep Time
12 hrCook Time
12 hr, 30 Total Time
- 2-3 pound Grass-fed Pork Roast (boneless)
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound Carrots, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 Sweet Onion, thickly sliced
- Real Salt t and Coarse Ground Pepper, to taste
- 1 Recipe chimichurri sauce recipe
- Place the pork roast in a crock pot. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the roast and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Cover with the lid and cook it on high for 6 hours.
- After the roast has been in the crock pot for 4 hours, add the onions and carrots to the crock pot, placing around the roast (Alternatively, you can pan fry the onions and carrots with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute them on medium/high heat until they begin to caramelize. Add them to the crock pot after this step).?
- Cook the roast, carrots, and onions for 2 more hours, or until the pork is pulls apart easily and carrots are soft.
- Place the roast, carrots, and onions on a serving platter and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve with extra sauce.