Oh my goodness, are you ready for this? We have a Thai Chicken Paleo Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe. This pizza has a bold flavor and features fresh, crisp vegetables and bright colors. I made a Paleo “cheese” by blending together coconut milk and an egg yolk…it binds all the ingredients together and keeps the toppings from falling off of the pizza without any sort of “eggy” taste.
I purposely didn’t want this pizza to be too much like a traditional pizza because pizza without cheese is just nasty. That’s why I made the Paleo “cheese” that doesn’t have too much flavor but helps bind everything. But I still wanted it to have tons of flavor, so that’s why I included tons of vegetables, herbs, and the Paleo sweet chili sauce.
The Paleo sweet chili sauce is easy to make and sweet and spicy at the same time. If you weren’t super concerned about the chili sauce being strictly Paleo, you could easily substitute making it with a store-bought bottled version.
You may actually find this to be a welcome change from a traditional Paleo pizza recipe because of the nutty crunch of the crust, the tang from the sauce and the freshness of the vegetables and herbs. Although, I won’t lie to you and tell you that my children would not even think about trying this. In most cases, it’s for a more refined palate.
We hope you enjoy our Thai Chicken Paleo Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe. This recipe is a great way to enjoy a pizza a lot and it even includes all the vegetables you need! Let us know what you think of this Thai Chicken Paleo Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe and modifications you made or might try.
If you like this Thai Chicken Paleo Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe, you may also like these:Print
Paleo Almond Flour Pizza Crust With Thai-Inspired Toppings
This pizza has a bold flavor and features fresh, crisp vegetables and bright colors. I made a paleo “cheese” by blending together coconut milk and an egg yolk…it binds all the ingredients together and keeps the toppings from falling off of the pizza without any sort of “eggy” taste. If you weren’t super concerned about the chili sauce being strictly paleo, you could easily substitute making it with a store bought bottled version.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
Almond Flour Pizza Crust
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 3/4 tsp Real Salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Honey
Paleo Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Red Chili (seeds removed)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Real Salt
- ½ tsp Arrowroot Starch
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Honey
Thai Pizza Toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Place the chili, garlic, vinegar, and salt in a blender and blend until the chili and garlic are finely chopped.
- Place the mixture in a small saucepan.
- Mix the arrowroot starch and 1 t. of the water together in a small bowl. Add rest of the water in, mix together, and stir into the chili mixture in the saucepan.
- Stir the honey into the saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium/high heat. Once the mixture thickens, remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the pizza crust
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Make a well the center of the combined flours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, olive oil, coconut milk, and honey.
- Pour the mixture into the well of dry ingredients.
- Combine with a rubber spatula, mixture may seem a little wet at first.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and the coconut flour will soak up the excess moisture.
- Shape the dough into a slightly sticky and not perfectly formed ball (see photo under the recipe). If the dough is a little too sticky (because of a large egg, high humidity, etc.), you may need to add a little extra tapioca flour.
- Place the ball on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Lightly dust your hands with tapioca flour and press the dough out into a 12″ circle. Crust should be thin, about 1/4″.
- Slide hands underneath the parchment paper and flip the crust over onto a pizza stone or greased baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Put it together
- Remove pizza crust from oven and spread the chili sauce evenly over the crust using a spoon or pastry brush.
- Top the sauce with the zucchini slices, distributing evenly over the crust, followed by the red bell pepper, chicken, and red onion.
- Mix together the coconut milk, egg yolk, and salt in a small bowl. Pour evenly over the crust and toppings.
- Bake again for 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and vegetables are somewhat wilted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the pizza.
- Remove and slice with a roller cutter.
Keywords: paleo pizza crust, zucchini, chicken, Paleo pizza