Oh my goodness, are you ready for this? I have a Thai chicken Paleo almond flour pizza crust recipe for you to try today. This pizza has a bold flavor and features fresh, crisp vegetables and bright colors. I made a Paleo “cheese” by blending together coconut milk and an egg yolk…it binds all the ingredients together and keeps the toppings from falling off of the pizza without any sort of “eggy” taste.
I purposely didn't want this pizza to be too much like a traditional pizza because pizza without cheese is just nasty. That's why I made the Paleo "cheese" that doesn't have too much flavor but helps bind everything. But I still wanted it to have tons of flavor, so that's why I included tons of vegetables, herbs, and the Paleo sweet chili sauce.
The Paleo sweet chili sauce is easy to make and sweet and spicy at the same time. If you weren’t super concerned about the chili sauce being strictly Paleo, you could easily substitute making it with a store-bought bottled version.
You may actually find this to be a welcome change from a traditional Paleo pizza recipe because of the nutty crunch of the crust, the tang from the sauce and the freshness of the vegetables and herbs. Although, I won't lie to you and tell you that my children would not even think about trying this. In most cases, it's for a more refined palate.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy a pizza a lot and it even includes all the vegetables you need! Let me know what you think of this recipe and modifications you made or might try.Print
Almond Flour Pizza Recipe With Chicken and Thai-Inspired Toppings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
This pizza has a bold flavor and features fresh, crisp vegetables and bright colors. I made a paleo “cheese” by blending together coconut milk and an egg yolk…it binds all the ingredients together and keeps the toppings from falling off of the pizza without any sort of “eggy” taste. If you weren’t super concerned about the chili sauce being strictly paleo, you could easily substitute making it with a store bought bottled version.
- ½ Cup Almond Flour *
- ½ Cup Tapioca Flour *
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour *
- ¾ tsp Real Salt *
- 1 egg
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup Canned Coconut Milk *
- 1 tsp Honey
Paleo Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Red Chili (seeds removed)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar *
- ⅛ tsp Real Salt *
- ½ tsp Arrowroot Starch *
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Honey
Thai Pizza Toppings
- ½ Zucchini (thinly sliced into rounds)
- ½ Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- ⅛ Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup Chicken Breast (cooked and shredded)
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 Tbl Coconut milk * (canned)
- ¼ tsp Real Salt *
- 2 Tbl Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Place the chili, garlic, vinegar, and salt in a blender and blend until the chili and garlic are finely chopped.
- Place the mixture in a small saucepan.
- Mix the arrowroot starch and 1 t. of the water together in a small bowl. Add rest of the water in, mix together, and stir into the chili mixture in the saucepan.
- Stir the honey into the saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium/high heat. Once the mixture thickens, remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the pizza crust
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Make a well the center of the combined flours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, olive oil, coconut milk, and honey.
- Pour the mixture into the well of dry ingredients.
- Combine with a rubber spatula, mixture may seem a little wet at first.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and the coconut flour will soak up the excess moisture.
- Shape the dough into a slightly sticky and not perfectly formed ball (see photo under the recipe). If the dough is a little too sticky (because of a large egg, high humidity, etc.), you may need to add a little extra tapioca flour.
- Place the ball on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Lightly dust your hands with tapioca flour and press the dough out into a 12" circle. Crust should be thin, about ¼".
- Slide hands underneath the parchment paper and flip the crust over onto a pizza stone or greased baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Put it together
- Remove pizza crust from oven and spread the chili sauce evenly over the crust using a spoon or pastry brush.
- Top the sauce with the zucchini slices, distributing evenly over the crust, followed by the red bell pepper, chicken, and red onion.
- Mix together the coconut milk, egg yolk, and salt in a small bowl. Pour evenly over the crust and toppings.
- Bake again for 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and vegetables are somewhat wilted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the pizza.
- Remove and slice with a roller cutter.
Keywords: bold, fresh, bright, Paleo
Can wait to taste it
Another awesome recipe from you. This was so delicious and full of flavor! My teenage daughters were disappointed when there was none left! Thank you for providing this recipe that I can feel good about serving to my family.
This pizza recipe is absolutely delicious!
Made this pizza tonight for my family and we were all blown away. Wowza, it was delicious! Sadly, there were no leftovers. Mucho thanks for sharing this recipe!!
I'm so glad your family liked it! Thanks for taking the time to come back and comment.
This was AH-MAZING! I made it for me and my boyfriend and he even loved it, and he's a typical fast food pizza guy. I wanted to take a picture before I ate it because it was so pretty but I had a bite before and then ate the whole thing before I could take a picture, it was just too good. Thank you for the recipe!
Thank you! Glad to hear you liked! Yay! We sure thinks it is great! 🙂
Heidy@ The McCallums Shamrock Patch
Loving your Thai Pizza, the fact it's healthy is just a bonus!
Kristina & Millie
ohhh sounds so crispy and delish! love pizza, love chicken, gotta be a good combo!
This looks so tasty!
I really want to make this but i can't find the recipe for the crust. Is it on your blog somewhere?
Here's the crust recipe - Paleo Pizza Crust
Hi there! Stopping by from Friendship Friday. This looks so delicious and your photos are great as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Hello Rebecca! This pizza looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Pinning! 😀
Oh my! This pizza looks amazing! I absolutely love your photography so beautiful! Pinning it!
Lauren @ For the Love of Dixie
This looks so amazing. Big cilantro fan so I'm pinning to make soon 🙂 Thanks!
April @ A Simple Life Too
This looks like something I really wanted to try, but I would like the crust recipe too!
Made From Pinterest
Yum! These look and sound absolutely delicious! I am trying these as soon as I can! Keep posting stuff like this I love reading it!
I'd love to try this recipe. We love pizza and homemade is always so much better.
This looks so delicious. My family loves pizza. The kids I think could eat it every night. I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing over at the Snickerdoodle Sunday.
Looks amazing! I'm loving some of the paleo recipes out there right now. Thanks for linking up to Show Me Saturday!
Love your stuff! would love some oils! 🙂
I haven't tried a paleo recipe yet, but you've got me interested with your pizza recipe.
This looks so unique!!! Thanks for sharing.
I'm not even on the Paleo diet and this looks amazing! I love Thai flavors 😀
This is great, my son would absolutely love this recipe.
Thai is my favorite cuisine but I've never tried Thai flavors on a pizza!
Wow second time I've stumbled on your blog! Your recipes are amazing. I'm definitely going to spend some more time here! 🙂
What is the calorie content?
One serving has 95 calories. You can see more details about the nutritional facts at this link: http://myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/paleo-thai-chicken-pizza-recipe
Oh wow, this looks delicious! Can't wait to try this one. 🙂
Hi, I found this on FoodGawker and was hoping I could get your permission to post the recipe on my instagram recipe page (@foodie_recipes) as it looks delicious! I will tag you in the photo and put your website address on the post! Hope this is okay, thanks 🙂 x
That's fine. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Oh my gosh this recipe looks absolutely phenomenal! We are big homemade pizza eaters at my house so I will be adding this to our recipe book.