I love to make this avocado chocolate pudding with only 5 ingredients - dark chocolate, coconut milk, avocado, honey, and cocoa. Plus, it doesn't take long to melt the chocolate and blend everything together then chill it and you end up with a rich, velvety chocolate pudding that's Paleo and full of antioxidants.
I love to make this pudding for myself for both special occasions and for "just because." It's great because it's so healthy with all the avocado, coconut milk, and antioxidant-rich chocolate. I love how smooth and creamy it is and it's so surprising how you can't even taste the avocado.
Plus I love how it's sweetened with honey because my body handles honey really well and I LOVE the flavor of it. Plus, honey in and of itself is so good for you, especially if you eat raw, local honey.
As for the dark chocolate, for the most antioxidants, look for semi-sweet or dark chocolate with at least 70 percent cocoa solids and the least amount of sugar.
Dark chocolate without unhealthy additives, such as sugar, has been shown to lower the risk of cancer and strokes. Chocolate also improves immunity, and promotes greater longevity and quicker recovery from intense exercise. It sounds like the perfect excuse to eat some chocolate right now!
I would love to know if you try this Paleo chocolate pudding recipe and what you think of it. For me, the hardest part is finding 4 ripe avocados at the store. After that, it's so easy! Please comment below and let me know what you think.Print
5-Ingredient Paleo Avocado Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
This has only 5 ingredients - dark chocolate, coconut milk, avocado, honey and cocoa. Plus, it doesn't take long to melt the chocolate and blend everything together then chill it and you end up with a rich, velvety pudding full of antioxidants.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips *
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk *, room temperature
- 4 medium-sized ripe avocados, with pits and skins, removed
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup organic cocoa powder *
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Alternately, place the chocolate it in a wide, shallow bowl and put it in the microwave. Heat it on medium high for about 1 minute to start with. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat heating at shorter intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency.
- Combine the avocados, coconut milk, honey and cacao powder in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until chilled to firm it up, then scoop the mousse into a small cups.
The 'cook time' is actually the refrigerator time.
Keywords: Smooth, Velvety, Easy
Dairy-free pudding sounds wonderful and I know avocadoes make dishes really creamy. I have to try this I bet its really good.