This canned black bean soup recipe is easy to make, full of flavor from all the vegetables and is even tastier with the sweet potato salsa on top. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and is filling yet light at the same time.
One of my favorite ways to help out my family, friends, and neighbors when they need an extra hand is to take them dinner. It’s easy for me to do, and super helpful for those that need it. Plus, I have had neighbors bring me dinner in the past, and it was so nice, especially just after having a baby…so I figure I should give back :).
This is my go-to recipe when I am cooking for others. It tastes fabulous, is super simple to make, it feeds a crowd, is nutritious and made with wholesome ingredients, is great to serve to people with food sensitivities (it’s Vegan, nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and peanut-free), and most importantly everyone LOVES it! I take it to get-togethers all the time and I am actually taking it to a family party later this month.
I strongly suggest/boldly recommend/highly advocate garnishing the soup with my roasted sweet potato salsa. The salsa and the soup were just meant to be together, and it takes the soup from being good to being outrageously delicious!!! Trust me on this one, and do it!
Please comment below and let me know what you think!
You may also like these recipes:Print
Canned Black Bean Soup Recipe
This soup tastes fabulous, is super simple to make, feeds a crowd, is nutritious and is made with wholesome ingredients, and is great to serve to people with food sensitivities (it’s Vegan, Clean Eating, nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and peanut-free), and most importantly everyone LOVES it!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 4 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2–3 tsp Real salt (I like to start with 2 tsp and add as needed)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large pot melt the coconut oil and add the pepper, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic
- Saute until vegetables are tender crisp (add 1-2 Tbsp of water if needed to the pot)
- Add cooked vegetables, 4 cups water, and half of the beans to a blender
- Blend until smooth and return content to the large pot
- Add the remaining beans, cumin, salt, chili powder, and lemon juice to the pot
- Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Garnish with roasted sweet potato salsa and serve
Keywords: simple, wholesome