This gluten-free dutch baby pancake recipe makes the easiest puffy oven pancakes you’ve ever had. I love the golden taste and the buttery flavor mixed with syrup and fresh raspberries.
It’s raspberry picking season here and that means Daddy spends lots of time picking raspberries about every other night. Lots of huge containers of yummy, delicious raspberries that we either eat fresh, give away or freeze for smoothies later in the year.
With all these raspberries around, it got me dreaming about all the delicious possibilities for dinner. I discovered the very delicious combination of real maple syrup and fresh raspberries. One of my favorite things to put raspberries on are German Pancakes.
In case you haven’t heard of German pancakes before, they are a fluffy pancake you bake in the oven and it gets real puffy. They are super yummy with syrup or a good jam. You may know them better by the names dutch baby German pancake or puffy oven pancakes.
I’ve made them a few hundred times in my life and it always surprises me when someone says they haven’t had them before. I mean, my entire extended family eats them all the time so I just figured everyone in America did. I guess not.
Well, if you are one of those people who hasn’t tried a German oven pancake before, you have GOT to try them. I can almost guarantee you will start making them all the time.
My children ask for them all the time and we eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner around here. Making these are very child-friendly. They love to dump in the ingredients and push the buttons on the blender.
I would love to know if you try this dutch baby German pancake recipe and what you think of it. Please comment below and let me know!
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
What do you put on your Gluten-Free German pancakes?
- Plain maple syrup
- Fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar
- Homemade Jam
- Peanut Butter
- A combination of the above
You may also like these recipes:Print
Gluten-Free Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
This German oven pancake recipe makes the easiest puffy oven pancakes you’ve ever had. I love the golden taste and the buttery flavor mixed with syrup and fresh raspberries.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: German
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Put just the butter in a 9×13 pan in the oven.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together on high for a few seconds (I use a Vita Mix but it’s not necessary)
- Take the 9×13 pan with the melted butter out of the oven.
- Pour the batter from the blender into the pan.
- Put the pan in the oven for 20-30 minutes until a deep, golden brown. (depending on your taste and how brown you like it – we all like it on the more done side so it’s nice and crispy and flaky)
- Take out and cut into squares.
- Top with your favorite topping. My two favorites things to serve on top are either the best maple syrup ever with fresh raspberries – you can’t believe how good these two are together until you try – or a really good quality jam.
Keywords: fluffy, easy, healthy