This honey roasted tropical healthy grain-free granola recipe is surprisingly easy to make and so much more healthy and cheaper than any store bought granola. Granola is one of my favorite foods to eat, whether it is for breakfast, a hiking snack, a crunchy side with my lunch, a simple snack in the middle of the day or at church when I need a little snack for church.:)
Keeping the granola in snack size bags makes it convenient to grab on-the-go or when you are busy and don’t have time to prepare a snack. But normally granola is not Paleo because of the oats and when you buy it in the store it’s full of all sorts of questionable ingredients. So I experimented with some Paleo granola ingredients and came up with this delicious recipe.
I still remember the first time my oldest daughter tried mango. She was about two years old and we were at my brother-in-law’s cabin in Island Park, Idaho. They had some sort of cool contraption that took the pit out nice and easy and she was fascinated by that and by the mango. I swear she ate five in one day. Oh, good times!
The coconut oil, mango, and coconut flakes really give it a nice, tropical flavor and the chili powder really accents that as well. This is a versatile grain-free granola recipe where you can add other ingredients you think would be good in it and take one or two out that you don’t like as much to make it customized for you!
Here are some answers to some common questions about grain-free granola:
Is grain-free granola good for you?
Grain-free granola does not have oats in it because they aren’t grain-free. So it can be good for you, but if it has a lot of added sugar such as honey or maple syrup, that helps make it not so healthy. This granola recipe below doesn’t have very much honey in it so it’s rather healthy.
What cereal can I eat that’s grain-free?
I have a blog post with Paleo Cereal Recipes it has grain-free cereal recipes for common cereals you can make yourself that aren’t a lot of work. Some of them are copycat recipes for commonly known cereals you can buy off the shelf in stores.
Are granola bars grain-free?
Granola bars you buy in the store aren’t grain-free because they contain refined sugar and probably oats. But I’m here to save the day. Here are
9 of The Best Paleo Granola Bars to Make Ahead and Grab recipes I have compiled together for your benefit.
Are oats on the Paleo diet?
Oats are not Paleo because they contain anti-nutrients that cause inflammation, contribute to leaky gut, trigger autoimmune disease and weaken the immune system. Oats are often packaged in facilities that package products which contain wheat so they are often contaminated with slight amounts of wheat and should be avoided.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Honey Roasted Tropical Healthy Grain-Free Granola Recipe
I love the flavoring on this Paleo granola. I love how it has flavor and doesn’t just taste like a bunch of nuts
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 110 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 6 Ounces Macadamia Nuts (coarsely chopped)
- 6 Ounces Slivered Almonds
- 6 Ounces Cashews (coarsely chopped)
- 6 Ounces Dried Mango (coarsely chopped, unsweetened)
- 1/2 Cup Flaked Coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3 Cup Raw Honey
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Real Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews, mango, and coconut.
- Place half of the mixture in a food processor and pulse several times until about 1/2 of the mixture is broken down into smaller pieces.
- Add the mixture back into the mixing bowl and toss again.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil?, honey, egg white, cinnamon, chili powder, salt and vanilla.
- Pour over the nut mixture and stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on top of a parchment or non-stick mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Watch closely in the last 15 minutes of baking to make sure they do not darken too much.
- Remove when the granola is golden brown.
- Let granola sit on the baking sheet until fully cooled.
- Break up into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Keywords: almonds, cashews, Macadamia Nuts, coconut, honey, chili powder, granola