My healthy banana bread with applesauce recipe is the perfect combination of fruits to make a wonderfully moist and tasty sweet bread. We make banana bread at our house a lot because it's the perfect way to use up old bananas.
The recipe is healthy as written, but there are some things you can do to make it even healthier, like subbing pure maple syrup for the brown sugar or replacing the all-purpose flour with equal parts gluten-free flour or spelt flour , which is Clean Eating.
Check out this recipe to see how easy it is to make this recipe and how good it turns out!
Instead of butter, I used applesauce. Cutting out the butter and adding a little vanilla and cinnamon for flavor makes it delicious and moist. I guess that once you try this recipe, you'll like it better than banana bread with oil.
I love banana bread for lunch and it's a favorite of my children in their school lunches. I often make mini banana bread muffins because they are very child-friendly and not as messy.
I hope you enjoy this healthy banana bread recipe - it definitely didn't last long at my house - it was eaten by dinner time!Print
This is an easy recipe that my whole family loves. It's a great way to use up old bananas too.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour (may sub up to half with whole wheat flour)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 Large Bananas, (ripe to over-ripe and mashed)
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl
- Mix brown sugar and applesauce until completely blended
- Add 2 eggs, vanilla, and bananas to the sugar and mix well
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and fold until all ingredients are wet
- Pour into a greased 9X5 bread pan
- Bake on 350 for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Keywords: low fat, moist, easy