These Paleo crepes and quick and easy and actually work, like they are actually pliable and taste almost like a “normal” crepe. These crepes are actually pretty life-changing. I mean, it’s a “normal” person food that’s quick and easy and actually turns out.
There are so many different things you can do with crepes, both savory and sweet:
- Fill them with mushrooms and butter
- Put sausage, peppers, and onions in them
- Put a Paleo Nutella and strawberries in them (maybe add bananas too)
- Use them instead of a bun for things like pulled pork and sloppy joes
- Eat them on the side of almost any Paleo dish, so you can actually get some satisfying carbs in your life
- pretty much any fruit is good with them and you can drizzle them with real maple syrup or make a coconut cream whipped topping
- Try putting a bunch of veggies in them, like cooked onions, spinach, mushrooms – and throw in some bacon for good measure
- Fill them with cooked sweet potato bits, bacon, avocado and arugula
Make sure your pan isn’t too hot. If it’s too hot, you will basically make scrambled eggs. It needs to be thoroughly pre-heated at medium heat, swirling the batter in the pan to get a nice even coating, and waiting until the top is almost completely cooked before flipping.
A lot of the reason I like these Paleo crepes better than others I have tried is that they have two different kinds of flour. I’ve found a lot of people in Paleo cooking try to use only one flour, which just doesn’t work. You can taste that one flour too much and none of the Paleo flours have the same properties as wheat flour, but when you use more than one type of flour, you get the best of both worlds and can’t taste any one type of flour.
Go ahead and give these Paleo crepes a try and see if they don’t become a staple in your house! I would love to know in the comments how you like to eat these crepes.
You may also like these recipes:
Paleo Crepes Video
Paleo Crepes Recipe
These Paleo crepes are quick and easy and are actually pliable.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, coconut oil and eggs.
- Add tapioca flour, coconut flour and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth, the batter should be thin. If it’s not thin, add some water.
- Heat oil in a crepe pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter for each crepe,tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook crepe for about 2 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown. Turn crepe and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Top with fruit and maple syrup .
Keywords: coconut milk, coconut flour, tapioca flour