This easy dairy-free banana bread only has 8 ingredients and I can make it fast. It’s so good with either sugar and pecans on top or chocolate chips in it! This recipe for easy Dairy Free Banana Bread has been passed down from generation to generation in my family. Well, actually my grandmother has been making it for over 65 years, but I’m not really sure where she got it.
It must be one of the best classic Dairy Free Banana Bread recipes in the world! When it got passed to me, and I learned how to make it, I quickly learned that this was a fail-proof recipe. I have never made this and had it NOT turn out. I have even alternated the amount of flour or bananas and it has always worked great.
One of my favorite things about banana bread is that it uses up brown bananas so they don’t get wasted. Plus, the banana makes the bread moist and tasty. My children also love this easy banana bread recipe, so I make it a lot. I especially love how there are few ingredients and the ingredient measurements are so simple. It’s easy to memorize and doesn’t have complicated measurements for my children. In fact, you can make this whole recipe with a 1/2 cup and 1/2 tsp measuring devices. Sometimes I do that and use it as a way for my children to learn simple fractions. Plus, it barely makes any mess.
I often make this easy Dairy Free Banana Bread recipe plain, with no toppings or fillings. It’s really good warm with butter or cold with butter. That way it’s healthier, but sometimes I’m in the mood for more of a dessert bread, so I love to sprinkle pecans and sugar on it. That’s what I did for these photos and it turns out golden brown and so good on the top. I also love chocolate chips mixed it and sometimes some nuts too. It’s totally up to you to customize it how you like.
Another of our favorite things to do is use it for the bread in our french toast. Ever had banana bread french toast?…yeah…heaven. So, without further ado…
Quick & Easy, Dairy-Free Banana Bread Recipe
These easy banana bread only has 8 ingredients and I can make it so fast. It’s so good with either sugar and pecans on top or chocolate chips in it!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil of choice
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 2 Cups White Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Chocolate Chips
- I usually just throw all of the ingredients into my Kitchen Aid but you can also do this by hand in a mixing bowl. First cream your sugar and oil together. Next add your bananas and eggs.
- Make sure it is well mixed. It will still be a little lumpy from the bananas but just make sure there are not any major chunks.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in separate bowl and then mix with the wet. (Most of the time I skip this step and just throw them all in together and mine still turn out fine.)
- Lastly, add the vanilla. Mix one more time. Pour into a greased bread pan. This next part is optional, but I like to sprinkle mine with a little bit of sugar on top and sometimes some pecans. Depends on what mood I’m in.
- Now bake the bread at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes and then turn it down to 275 degrees and cook about another 20. Check to see if its done by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean then its done! Pop out of pan immediately and serve hot.
Keywords: quick, easy, healthy