This Paleo sandwich bread made with coconut flour looks and tastes so similar to a honey wheat bread, thanks to the honey and flax meal. Homemade bread is always one of my favorite smells to come home to. I had a roommate that would always make her own bread instead of buying store-bought bread and it was amazing! We always had freshly baked bread that semester! Now that I don’t eat “normal” bread I have been on a mission to find/create the best recipes for good bread.
*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
I wanted a recipe that used coconut flour so today I have a Paleo coconut flour bread recipe to share with you. I hope that you enjoy the recipe and let me know what you think. This Paleo coconut flour bread looks and tastes so similar to a honey wheat bread, thanks to the honey and flax meal. The flax meal gives the bread a somewhat chewy texture while the arrowroot starch helps hold it together (which is highly unusual for a Paleo bread to hold together like this).
One of the things I love about bread is how versatile it is. Obviously, you can use for a sandwich, but there are other good things you can use this for, such as a side dish with your dinner, for stuffing/dressing, as a snack on it’s own, as toast with almond butter spread on it hot so it half melts, topped with butter or coconut oil and broiled, to make a breakfast egg sandwich, and the list goes on and on.
How do you like to use your Paleo bread? I would love to know how you use this. Please comment below.
If you like this Paleo Sandwich Bread, you may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo Coconut Flour Bread Recipe
This Paleo bread looks and tastes so similar to a honey wheat bread, thanks to the honey and flax meal. The flax meal gives the bread a somewhat chewy texture while the arrowroot starch helps hold it together.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (use coconut flour) a standard 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the coconut flour, arrowroot starch, flax meal, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the egg yolks, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, and honey.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients(not including the egg whites).
- Add half of the egg whites and stir in to combine.
- Add the remaining egg whites and very gently fold in to the mixture. Mixture will be thick as you first start folding the egg white in, but keep carefully folding and it will become smooth. Take care to not over-mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle a little flax meal over the top of the batter and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan.