Recipe #1 on this list of carrot cake recipes is my all time favorite. I got this recipe from my Mom, she got this recipe from her Sister in law who got it from her sister in law. So you can see, it is a long time family carrot cake recipe.
I like recipe #1 because it does not have raisins or pineapple or nuts inside of the cake. It does call for chopped walnuts on top which is great. I just don’t like all that other stuff inside my carrot cake.
But for all those of you who do like other stuff in your carrot cake recipe I have included 24 more carrot cake recipes.
I thought that a carrot cake recipe was just that, a carrot cake recipe and they are all about the same, just I was wrong AGAIN. I found so many different variations of carrot cake recipes that I was very pleasantly surprised.
Then I had a good time looking for carrot cake recipes with different kinds of decorations and in different shapes and sizes. I thought it would be fun for me and I’m hoping fun for you too, to use your favorite carrot cake recipe and then have a lot of different ideas of how you can decorate it.
Some of the ideas for decorating a carrot cake are so easy and fun. I have always just put chopped walnuts on top of mine. I never thought of sprinkling coconut on top but I think it’s a good idea. Some of the cute little carrots and bunnies on these pictures as so cute and quite easy to do.
Be adventurous and have fun making these carrot cake recipes and let me know how it goes. Which is your favorite cake recipe and which is your favorite way to decorate?
You may also be interested in my other Carrot Cake Recipe Posts:
- 1. The Best Carrot Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2. Layered Carrot Cake Recipe
- 3. Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
- 4. Best Ever Carrot Cake Recipe
- 5. Easy Carrot Cake Pound Cake Recipe
- 6. Gluten & Dairy Free Carrot Cake Recipe
- 7. Carrot Cake Bread Recipe
- 8. Cardamom Carrot Cake Recipe with White Chocolate Kombucha Frosting
- 9. Carrot Cake Squares Recipe
- 10. Gingerbread Carrot Cake Recipe
- Click here to see recipes 11-20