This is a quick, easy child-friendly recipe for pizza dough. The next time you are tempted to order delivery, just whip up this recipe and save some “dough”, eat healthier and finish before the delivery man would have gotten there. The reason I like it so much is that it doesn’t have added sugar, is never soggy, is light and crisps up really nice. You also don’t have to let it raise. The picture below is of my son after he mixed the ingredients and kneaded the crust. He was so proud of himself. I’m so grateful that all my children love to help out in the kitchen – especially mixing. Who needs a Kitchenaid mixer when you have four children fighting over dumping in ingredients and stirring them?
This recipe is so easy, I make it once every week or two and it really doesn’t take that long. My children get super excited to help make it. They love to knead the dough, put the sauce on and the toppings. My five year old daughter gets pizza sauce and cheese all over the place, but she’s so cute and so proud of herself when she helps. I’ve said more than once that it’s a true test of your patience to have a child help you cook. I just try to remind myself that it won’t be too much longer and I won’t be able to get my children to help me cook.
This is also a fun recipe to use for a pizza party. I’ll have my sister and her family come over and make the dough and have everyone help decorate the pizzas or do individual pizzas so everyone can make theirs just like how they like it.
If you want a fun, different recipe to use the pizza dough, check out my Taco Pizza recipe here. What is your favorite toppings to put on pizza? My children are boring and like pepperoni.If you like this, please:
- Join my Free, Weekly Family Favorite Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Recipes Pinned Over 50,000 Times on Pinterest board
- Follow my Best Recipes on Pinterest board
- Join my Family Favorite Recipes Facebook group
- View my Family Favorite Recipes index
My Natural Family
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp yeast (I use Saff Instant)
- 2 Tbl olive oil or butter
- 2 Tbl applesauce
- 2 cups white spelt or regular flour (can add up to half as whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- Let water and yeast sit until yeast is foaming.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll out in a large cookie sheet or pizza pan, top with sauce and toppings cook at 400 for 15 min.