This is a great child-friendly recipe for spelt pizza dough. The next time you are tempted to order delivery, just whip up this recipe and save some “dough”, eat healthier and finish before the delivery man would have gotten there. The reason I like it so much is that it doesn’t have added sugar, is never soggy, is light and crisps up really nice. You also don’t have to let it raise. The picture above is of my son after he mixed the ingredients and kneaded the crust. He was so proud of himself. I’m so grateful that all my children love to help out in the kitchen – especially mixing. Who needs a Kitchenaid mixer when you have four children fighting over dumping in ingredients and stirring them?
Up to $150 in FREE Essential OilsLearn about my incentives to sign up for doTERRA
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp yeast (I use Saff Instant)
- 2 Tbl olive oil or butter
- 2 Tbl applesauce
- 2 cups white spelt or regular flour (can add up to half as whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- Let water and yeast sit until yeast is foaming.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll out in a large cookie sheet or pizza pan, top with sauce and toppings cook at 400 for 15 min.