This is a great child-friendly recipe for spelt pizza dough. The next time you are tempted to order delivery, just whip up this recipe and save some “dough”, eat healthier and finish before the delivery man would have gotten there. The reason I like it so much is that it doesn’t have added sugar, is never soggy, is light and crisps up really nice. You also don’t have to let it raise. The picture above is of my son after he mixed the ingredients and kneaded the crust. He was so proud of himself. I’m so grateful that all my children love to help out in the kitchen – especially mixing. Who needs a Kitchenaid mixer when you have four children fighting over dumping in ingredients and stirring them?
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp yeast (I use Saff Instant)
- 2 Tbl olive oil or butter
- 2 Tbl applesauce
- 2 cups white spelt or regular flour (can add up to half as whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp [url href=”http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/solutions/real-salt/real-salt/” title=”Redmond Real Salt”]Real Salt[/url]
- Let water and yeast sit until yeast is foaming.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll out in a large cookie sheet or pizza pan, top with sauce and toppings cook at 400 for 15 min.
The fine print: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. My Natural Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I try my best to be honest and will not recommend product I truly don't believe in. The advice shared in this post has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.