I purposely didn’t want this pizza to be too much like a traditional pizza, because pizza without cheese is just nasty. That’s why I made the Paleo “cheese” that doesn’t have too much flavor, but helps bind everything. But I still wanted it to have tons of flavor, so that’s why I included tons of vegetables, herbs and the Paleo sweet chili sauce.
The Paleo sweet chili sauce is easy to make and sweet and spicy at the same time. If you weren’t super concerned about the chili sauce being strictly Paleo, you could easily substitute making it with a store-bought bottled version.
You may actually find this to be a welcome change from a traditional pizza because of the nutty crunch from the crust, the tang from the sauce and the freshness from the vegetables and herbs. Although, I won’t lie to you and tell you that my children would even think about trying this. In most cases, it’s for a more refined palate.
We hope you enjoy our recipe. This recipe is a great way to enjoy a pizza a lot and it even includes all the vegetables you need! Let us know what you think of this recipe and modifications you made or might try.
- 1 Recipe Paleo Pizza Crust
- 1 Red Chili, seeds removed
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ⅛ t. Real Salt
- ½ t. Arrowroot Starch
- ¼ C. Water
- ¼ C. Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce - Place the chili, garlic, vinegar, and salt in a blender and blend until the chili and garlic are finely chopped. Place the mixture in a small saucepan. Mix the arrowroot starch and 1 t. of the water together in a small bowl. Add rest of the water in, mix together, and stir into the chili mixture in the saucepan. Stir the honey into the saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium/high heat. Once the mixture thickens, remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the pizza crust according to recipe directions, patting into a round and transferring to a pizza stone on a sheet of waxed paper. After the waxed paper has been peeled away, place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and spread the chili sauce evenly over the crust using a spoon or pastry brush. Top the sauce with the zucchini slices, distributing evenly over the crust, followed by the red bell pepper, chicken, and red onion.
- Mix together the coconut milk, egg yolk, and salt in a small bowl. Pour evenly over the crust and toppings.
- Bake again for 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and vegetables are somewhat wilted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the pizza.