I know those of you on the Paleo diet are often looking for good Paleo lunch ideas so when members of my Paleo Recipes and Support Facebook Group had a discussion about it recently I thought I would compile their answers here, along with an index of the Paleo lunches I have on my blog so far.
I love getting real-life experience answers from real people to problems we all have in common.
What do you eat for lunch on Paleo?
- Chicken salad
- Salad - easy to vary the ingredients/protein.
- Leftovers from supper
- Roast beef from the deli (I use Food Lion's brand, not "processed" with all kinds of additives, not chopped and pressed!!)
- Smoked turkey (not chopped and pressed, no additives)
- Smoked ham, lean (check the ingredients for additives)
- Salad with tuna or chopped ham on top
- Homemade broccoli salad with crumbled BACON on top
- Soup or stew with meat and veggies of your choice. Add spices that you love.
- Make tortillas to have around and use as "bread"
- Cashew butter and banana rolled in one
- Tuna salad or chicken salad rolled in a tortilla
- Taco meat with homemade taco seasoning
- AIP flatbread with leftovers on it or spread with lots of guacamole
- Meal prep a favorite dinner and eat it 4 days for lunch
- Cilantro vinaigrette makes everything, even boring lettuce, taste good...
- I always freeze leftovers and use them for lunches...gives me a variety so I don't get sick of eating the same old salad
- If you weren’t on Paleo, went to a restaurant, what would you order? think about that and then create a paleo-friendly version.
- Shrimp sautéed in garlic butter with the fat from a can of coconut milk added at the end and stirred until hot. Bake a spaghetti squash, and you have a delicious meal. Oh, my! It's fabulous!
- A big fat salad with turkey, bacon, tomato & avocado with green goddess dressing
- Turkey burgers with cheese or cheeseburgers. with roasted broccoli, Brussel sprouts, a small salad, etc.
- Curries and cauliflower fried rice.
- A hard-boiled egg, fruits, veggies, nuts, pickles, homemade muffins and buns
- Tuna, egg, or chicken salad and then a side green salad with dressing, a piece of fruit or cut up veggies, nuts.
- Ham and banana pepper slices between cucumber slices. Serve with baby carrots and dump ranch or apples with almond butter.
- Leftover beef roast in the Crock-Pot/instant pot
- Spinach salad with boiled egg, avocado, and usually walnuts or almond slices - with homemade balsamic or a lemon vinegarette
- Spring mix salad with leftover meat, and diced up veggies, topped with habanera ranch dressing ...
- Avocado chicken salad. (Basically a hybrid guacamole/chicken salad) and make up some paleo naan to have it on or wrap it in romaine leafs.
- Saute broccoli, onion, mushroom, and shrimp
- Make soups and freeze in freezer bags. Just grab and go.
- Lettuce roll-up sandwiches.
- Chicken Waldorf salad
- Salad buddha bowls
- Meal prep frozen lasagna - zucchini rounds laid side by side as the layers, then homemade cashew cheese for ricotta and a nice meat sauce. Can be easily cut into single portions and it makes a lot, so you would have plenty for weeks depending on how many days in a row you decide to eat it.
- Baked avocados with tuna and homemade mayo on top.
Read this list of Paleo lunch ideas from readers of my blog - plus get the best recipes from my blog.
- mac and cheese
- baba ganoush
- chicken tenders
- Pick out a few to try today!
- Calories: 200
Keywords: Paleo, lunch, easy, quick