This easy creamy bacon parmesan pasta recipe only has eight ingredients and takes about 30 minutes to cook from start to finish. The best part? It only takes one pan so clean up is a breeze.
Who doesn't love bacon? I mean, seriously. I don't know anyone who doesn't love bacon. It's one of the only foods in my family of picky eaters that everyone truly loves.
In fact, I came up with this recipe because we love to eat bacon but we wanted to eat it more often than just at breakfast or as a little extra flavoring in a dish.
I wanted a simple dish that had enough bacon in it that it would be filling and count as a main dish but would stretch my bacon farther - because if I let them my children would just eat a giant plate of bacon for dinner. So I took a bit of inspiration from my One Pot Chili Mac and came up with this one-dish recipe.
It's so easy because basically all you do is cook bacon in a pan, drain off the grease, add your pasta broth and cook it until it's done and has all the yummy flavor from the bacon grease and bits then add the crispy bacon back to the pan along with some cream and Parmesan cheese.
It's so simple my teenage son loves to make it, although I don't think I should compare his cooking abilities to most teenagers because he is getting to be quite the chef and cooks our family meals more often than I do now.
This has turned into one of my go-to recipes when I don't have anything planned and need something in a hurry and want something comforting and easy. I would love to know if you try this recipe and what you think of it. Please comment below and let me know what you think!Print
This is really easy to make and my whole family loves it.
- Cut the bacon into one inch pieces
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp
- Set the bacon on a paper towel to drain
- Drain grease from the skillet, reserving 1 teaspoon in pan.
- Add garlic and cook for about one minute or until it's just cooked. Don't overcook it.
- Add in uncooked pasta, broth, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring twice during cooking and making sure there is enough broth for the pasta.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese until cheese has melted. Garnish with chopped bacon and parsley.
Keywords: Quick, Easy, Healthy