This instant pot * chicken soup recipe is simple to make. You start by cooking chicken thighs and broth in the Instant Pot, add noodles and then finish with butter and Parmesan cheese.
It's one of my go-to meals on a busy weeknight and is so comforting and satisfying and I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand.
One of my favorite things about this soup is how easy it is to get started. I like that it only takes a few minutes to get it going so it's easy to motivate myself to just hurry and get it started and not put off starting dinner.
My children also like it because it doesn't have any complicated ingredients or veggies that they normally may shy away from. Plus, they generally love anything with Parmesan cheese on it.
- I pretty much always use frozen chicken because it's easy to have on hand and this is a recipe I make when I haven't been to the grocery store in a while.
- Most of the flavor from this recipe comes from the chicken broth/stock so try to pick one with a lot of flavor. We usually just use the chicken stock from Costco.
- It can be fun to experiment with different types of pasta. I think small ones are really good in this soup.
- The quality of the butter makes a difference for sure. I always use Kerrygold butter and it actually has flavor, as opposed to regular butter that is pretty tasteless in something like this.
- I really recommend real Parmesan cheese for this recipe. It's just not the same as the stuff from the can.
- I often like to add a little extra seasoning. My favorite is Real Salt Seasoning Salt but really your favorite brand or type of seasoning should work well.
- The fresh basil is wonderful and so easy to grow in your garden or in your house or even buy those fresh plants at the grocery store. But if you don't want too strong of a flavor or don't have fresh basil on hand you could use dried Italian seasoning.
I would love to know how this recipe turns out for you and if you like it as much as I do. Please comment below!Print
Simple Butter Parmesan Instant Pot Chicken Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
This Instant Pot * chicken soup recipe is simple to make. You start by cooking chicken thighs and broth in the Instant Pot, add noodles and then finish with butter and Parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 pound fresh or frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Real salt *, to taste (you probably won’t need any)
- 1 cup small pasta of your choice (my favorite is Jovial einkorn fusilli *)
- Put the first set of ingredients in Instant Pot and cook on Manual-High for 24 minutes for frozen or press the chicken button to cook it on High for 15 minutes
- When it’s done, release the steam immediately and add the pasta
- Cook in the Instant Pot on Manual-High for 6 minutes
- Release the steam immediately and mix in the butter and stir
- Serve in bowls and top with the remaining finishing ingredients
Keywords: simple, easy, healthy
I know this doesn't look all that fancy or anything but I love it for what it is - simple. My family doesn't love it but everyone will eat it and not complain. It's easy, affordable and doesn't take much time. It's a staple in our house.