I love this Oven Roasted Garlic Lemon Parmesan Green Beans Recipe. I’ll never eat green beans any other way again! These Lemon Parmesan Green Beans couldn’t be any easier – and they are so good and so pretty too! They are perfect for either a weeknight or a fancy dinner party. I’m even going to make them for Thanksgiving dinner this year.
I know what you are all thinking…really, you are starting the week off with green beans! Yes, I am starting off the week with green beans, and I am very unapologetic about it, because these roasted lemon garlic green beans are the BEST green beans you will ever eat – and no – that is no exaggeration.
There really aren’t any green beans that taste better than these. It’s no secret that roasting vegetables is my very favorite way to eat them – roasting them makes them taste simply irresistible…but I promise that adding garlic and lemon to green beans is AMAZING!!! It’s a great way to make sure half of your dinner plate is full of vegetables because you will want to eat that many of these, plus more.
Here are some tips and tricks to make these Oven Roasted Garlic Lemon Parmesan Green Beans:
- Technically, you don’t have to melt the coconut oil. You can put chunks of it on the green beans in the pan with it’s solid, then start baking the beans with the oils for a few minutes until the oil melts, then toss the green beans and oil together and proceed with the recipe from there.
- It’s really good to add some whole, chunks of fresh garlic in with the beans. Gotta love roasted garlic!
- It’s actually really good to overcook the green beans. Not to the point of burning them, but to the point of them being really browned and really good. Although, they aren’t as healthy for you when they are overdone like it. And if you have any whole garlic cloves in, they will get burnt at that point (don’t ask me how I know that . . .)
- If you want them to be extra lemon-y without adding too much liquid, add the lemon zest from the lemon. So good.
- You may want to serve the Parmesan cheese on the table and let people choose if they want it or not.
- You can totally use this same technique with many different types of vegetables. Not all are good with the lemon and/or Parmesan cheese though.
I would love to know if you try these Lemon Parmesan Green Beans and what you think of them and what you make them for. I’ve found them to be an awesome way to get my children to LOVE their veggies. They fight over them. Seriously. And you too may just find yourself looking forward to your veggies more than you ever have!
You may also like these recipes:Print
Oven Roasted Garlic Lemon Parmesan Green Beans Recipe
These oven roasted green beans only take a few minutes to put on a baking sheet, toss in oil in seasoning and roast until tender crisp. Finishing them with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese just makes them even more special.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Toss the green beans with the coconut oil
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender crisp
- Immediately after removing from the oven, squeeze on the lemon juice over the green beans
- Serve warm with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Keywords: green beans, coconut oil, parmesan cheese, Roasted Green Beans