This is the perfect Paleo sweet potato fries recipe in the world! I’m serious, these fries are so good, they are crisp and so easy to make. Although fries are simple to make, it can be a little trickier to create a flavorful and tasty fry that is cooked through and not burnt.
The fries are seasoned perfectly and they do not contain any ingredients you could not have if living the Paleo lifestyle. They are so delicious you won’t be able to stop eating them! You’ll want to me them every day.
This makes perfect fries because the light arrowroot starch coating on them makes them hold the seasoning and helps keep them from burning. Before I started making sweet potato fries like this, I would always burn half my fries. But I love how just adding a simple coating gives them a crunchy/chewy texture that is addicting!
It is not super tricky to have a basic sweet potato fries recipe but the other tricky part is having a condiment or dressing to dip them in. So the goal with this recipe is to enjoy eating them alone and not have to put any kind of sauce on them. I also recommend you have some good fermented pickles (like Bubbies) on the side you will be in heaven. They not only taste so much better than regular pickles but they are so good for your tummy.
The biggest tip I can give you to make these fries is to not overcook them. I can’t tell you how incredibly fast they go from not done to burnt. So the second you see any sign of dark brown/burning on the edges, get them out of the oven. They will actually crisp up a bit when they cool down. Although, I love the chewy texture of these sweet potato fries and don’t feel like they need to be crisp.
They are great by themselves or with a sauce! So we hope that you try our recipe and let us know what you think about it!
Are sweet potatoes Paleo?
Some people say that sweet potatoes have too many carbs and starch and you shouldn’t eat them. Other people say that they can be eaten in moderation. You shouldn’t eat regular potatoes because they have way more carbs than sweet potatoes. It’s up to you whether you include sweet potatoes in your Paleo diet. I know many many people who do eat them. It just depends on how strict you want to follow the Paleo diet.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Perfect, Baked Paleo Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
These fries are made of sweet potatoes, they are thinly sliced and cooked to a crisp. They are well seasoned for taste.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thin, long slices, about 1/4″ thick.
- The thinner your slices, the crispier your fries will be.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Pour the spice/arrowroot mixture on top of the sweet potatoes and toss until well coated.
- Drizzle the coconut oil over the potatoes and toss until evenly distributed.
- Lay out the sweet potatoes on the parchment lined sheets, spaced out in even layers and not touching, if possible.
- Bake on the top racks of the oven for 20 minutes, remove and turn the sweet potatoes over with a spatula, then finish cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Fries are done when the flesh starts to look bubbly and turns golden brown in spots.
Keywords: baked, Paleo, easy, cripsy, healthy