These parmesan garlic roasted potatoes are an excellent side dish to serve with holiday meals, but so easy to make you can whip them up any weeknight. They’re an excellent pairing with almost any main dish or entree, and they’re packed with delicious flavors almost everyone enjoys. They’re a new favorite at my house. Everyone loved them and went for seconds, even my picky eater.
The lemon and parsley are very fresh and bright flavors that balance well with the savoriness of the Parmesan and garlic. The mellow roasted potatoes bring all the flavors together perfectly. When they’re done I like to sprinkle them with some extra parsley leaves before I serve. They bring fresh flavor back to the potatoes after they roast and set off their beautiful golden brown color.
Red potatoes are one of my favorites for roasting. They stay soft and fluffy on the inside, and the cut side crisps up nicely. Using both olive oil and butter to coat them helps them get that deep golden brown.
The lemon flavor is strong when they’re fresh out of the oven, but gets less intense as the parmesan garlic roasted potatoes sit. If you make them ahead of time or have leftovers you’d like to reheat, squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over them and toss before serving.
I love easy side dishes like these parmesan garlic roasted potatoes because honestly, putting on a big holiday meal can be stressful. These are very simple to make, and when you’re done you have a gorgeous, delicious side dish that looks and tastes impressive.
You can use 1/2 – 3/4 tsp garlic powder in place of fresh garlic. Use a little more if you love garlic flavor. Garlic powder is quicker and easier, and I find the taste just as good.
I don’t recommend substituting dried parsley for fresh. You need the fresh parsley flavor to balance the lemon and Parmesan.
If the potatoes brown too much when they’re baking cut-side down, be sure to place them all cut-side up after stirring. You may want to place a sheet of foil over them so they can continue to cook through without any additional browning.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Lemon Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes Recipe
These garlic roasted potatoes have a slight hint of lemon, herbs and Parmesan cheese. Plus, they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Perfection!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- 3 lb red potatoes (washed and halved)
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 Tbl butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic (minced)
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 Cup good quality Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems (chopped fine)
- about 1/3 Cup extra parsley leaves to finish
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Have a large baking sheet ready.
- Place the halved potatoes in a large bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, butter, salt, rosemary, basil, paprika, black pepper, garlic, lemon juice and zest, Parmesan and 1/2 c parsley.
- Spray the baking sheet with nonstick or brush it with oil and arrange the potatoes on it cut-side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the potatoes. Return them to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and the cut-sides are golden brown.
- Toss with the extra parsley leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Keywords: olive oil, parmesan cheese, Roasted Potatoes
Do you love these parmesan garlic roasted potatoes as much as I do?