These are very light and fluffy Paleo biscuits and have a great texture. It is a real challenge to find a good Paleo biscuit recipe and so I was on a journey to come up with the best recipe to share with everyone. I hope you can all enjoy this recipe and share with people who you think might enjoy it.
As you can tell by looking at the biscuits, they aren’t going to fool someone that doesn’t eat Paleo. But, for those of you on the Paleo diet, you know how hard it is to come up with a Paleo biscuit that isn’t dry and crumbly and tastes tolerable. I was able to come up with this recipe by mixing three different Paleo “flours” together to come up with a Paleo biscuit recipe that is light and fluffy stores better than other Paleo biscuits.
Now the next question is, do you eat these Paleo biscuits by themselves, with jam or something totally different? These are really good with pastured pork sausage and free range eggs. Or, one of my favorite ways is Paleo biscuits and gravy. To do that, cook your sausage in a dutch oven skillet and get them good and brown. Then add a Tbl. of butter and a Tbl. of tapioca flour and cook until it combines. Then slowly add in coconut milk until it’s the consistency and amount of gravy that you like. Then smother one of these biscuits in your gravy. So flavorful from the brown bits on the bottom of your pan. You’ll almost feel like you’re in a diner. But, guess what? You’ll feel a heck of a lot better than if you really ate diner food.
How do you like to eat your Paleo biscuits?If you like this post, please:
- Join my Paleo Recipes Facebook group
- Join my weekly Paleo Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Pinterest Paleo Recipes board
- View my Paleo recipes index
My Natural Family
Very light and fluffy paleo biscuits with a great texture.
35 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
48 minTotal Time
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2/3 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- 5 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients and cut in using your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dairy free buttermilk (which is the coconut milk and the lemon juice mixed together, let it set for a few minutes before doing this step) and the eggs until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the well of dry ingredients and fold in using a rubber spatula until fully combined.
- Mixture will be wet.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes so that the flours can absorb more moisture. This will make it easier to shape into biscuits.
- When the dough has sat for several minutes, you will notice it is not as wet and sticky as it was.
- Coat a 1/4 C. measuring cup with tapioca flour(this can be done by scooping a full 1/4 C. of flour and then dumping it back out and tapping the cup upside down to remove clumps).
- With the flour coated measuring cup, scoop up enough dough to fill the cup and then invert it on your baking sheet.
- You may need to tap the handle a bit to allow it to fully release.
- An ice cream scoop with a spring release will also work for more of a drop biscuit shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing each biscuit 2" apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops have turned lightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Check out this recipe on Instagram:
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and post on Instagram using hashtag @mynaturalfamily and if we like it, we'll add your Instagram post at the bottom of this page!
Start your day off right with these Paleo biscuits. Finally! Paleo biscuits that don't fall apart and have good texture. To find the recipe, go to mynaturalfamily.com and search for biscuits. #recipe #recipeoftheday #biscuits #breakfast #food #cooking #delish #instagood #instafood #yum #dinner #paleo #cleaneating #glutenfree #paleoapproved #cavemandiet #lowcarb #protein #paleodiet #wholefood #primal #paleoporn #lovecooking #healthy #healthyrecipes #cleanfood #cleaneats #healthyeating