Making cookies and having them ready when your children get home from school can be a great way to put them in a good mood. It will give you the chance to talk to them sitting down to see how their day is going and it will also give them a break from school and refresh their mind for possible homework they might have.
Another fun idea is to make time to make cookies with children. I know, right? What a concept! Children love to cook with you if you give them the chance! This also presents a great opportunity for your children to learn new skills and how to work together as a team. If you want to, you can even bring cookies to family members or neighbors. This is a great way to spread happiness and cheer with others.
What are some of your favorite memories of making chocolate chip cookies with others? Who do you like making them with? So without further ado here is our paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe for everyone to enjoy!
Here are some notes about the cookies you might want to consider when making them:
*I needed to bake these cookies on the top rack of my oven to get them to brown evenly. Depending on your oven, they may need to be cooked on the top rack.
*Because of the lack of gluten, these cookies will need to be handled more gently and will break apart easier than a cookie with gluten.
My Natural Family
A recipe for a classic cookie, chocolate chip. This recipe is paleo and uses almond, coconut, tapioca flours.
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 C. Almond Flour
- 1/4 C. Coconut Flour
- 1/4 C. Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 C. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 C. Raw Honey
- 1/2 C. Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 C. Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a
- non-stick mat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour,
- salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, stir together the maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, eggs,
- and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, stirring together
- well. Add the chocolate chips , distributing well throughout the dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5-10 minutes so that the coconut flour can fully
- absorb the liquids.
- Using a 2 T. Scoop, place the cooking on the prepared baking sheets 2" apart.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, or until just starting to
- turn golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from pan with a spatula and store in an airtight container.
- *I needed to bake these cookies on the top rack of my oven to get them to
- brown evenly. Depending on your oven, they may need to be cooked on the
- top rack.
- *because of the lack of gluten, these cookies will need to be handled more
- gently and will break apart easier than a cookie with gluten.