This makes perfect sweet potato fries because the light arrowroot starch coating on them makes them hold the seasoning and helps keep them from burning. Before I started making sweet potato fries like this, I would always burn half my fries. But I love how just adding a simple coating gives them a crunchy/chewy texture that is addicting!
It is not super tricky to have a paleo sweet potato fries recipe but the other tricky part is having a condiment or dressing to dip them in. So the goal with this recipe is to enjoy eating them alone and not have to put any kind of sauce on them. They are great by themselves! So we hope that you try our recipe and let us know what you think about it!
My Natural Family
These fries are made of sweet potatoes, they are thinly sliced and cooked to a crisp. They are well seasoned for taste.
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 3 tablespoon Arrowroot Starch for the Paleo diet or cornstarch for other diets
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Real Salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, in liquid form
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch, garlic powder, paprika,
- parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thin, long slices, about 1/4" thick.
- The thinner your slices, the crispier your fries will be.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Pour the spice/arrowroot mixture on top of the sweet potatoes and toss
- until well coated.
- Drizzle the coconut oil over the potatoes and toss until evenly distributed.
- Lay out the sweet potatoes on the parchment lined sheets, spaced out in
- even layers and not touching, if possible.
- Bake on the top racks of the oven for 20 minutes, remove and turn the
- sweet potatoes over with a spatula, then finish cooking for another 5
- Fries are done when the flesh starts to look bubbly and turns golden brown
- in spots.