These soft-batch cookies are the best Paleo chocolate chip cookies you will ever find. I took the best recipe in the world and made it Paleo. I was talking to my friend and she was saying how incredibly delicious these chocolate chip cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction were and how I HAD to try them.
They sound and look delicious, but since I eat Paleo, I couldn’t exactly whip myself up a batch of the cookies. So I decided to try to make a Paleo version of them. They came out better than I expected. I consider them the best Paleo chocolate chip cookies around. I do have another Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe on my blog and they are good, but they are totally different. They are on the other spectrum of chocolate cookies. They are made with almond flour and come out crisp and nutty. So, it totally depends which kind of best Paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe you like. If you like soft cookies, give these a try.*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
Here are the substitutions I made:
- Cassava flour for white flour
- pure maple syrup for the brown sugar
- honey for the white sugar
- arrowroot starch for the cornstarch
- Real Salt for regular salt
- Enjoy Life chocolate chips for regular chocolate chips
Enjoy Life chocolate chips are what I would call Paleo-ish. Technically, the cane sugar in them isn’t Paleo. But if you go with the dark chocolate variety, there is less cane sugar in them than with sweet or semi-sweet. These aren’t something you want to eat all the time. But let’s get real. The Paleo diet can be tough to stick to, and if you want something to treat yourself or reward yourself with, these are a whole lot healthier than a Twinkie.
If you like these best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, you may also like these recipes:Print
These are the softest Paleo chocolate chip cookies I have ever tried. They are seriously better than regular chocolate chip cookies.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the maple syrup and honey and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick. Add the chocolate chips and mix for about 5 seconds until evenly distributed.
- Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together if you work the dough with your hands as you roll into individual balls. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls. Press down to the shape you want, because whatever shape they start with is pretty much the shape they will end up as.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven and you may not think they are done, but they overcook easily, so don’t leave them in until they look done. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.