Here is a great Paleo bread machine recipe. Are you trying to eat Paleo but missing bread like crazy? This easy Paleo bread machine recipe makes a delicious, all-purpose loaf you can slice and enjoy anytime. The best part is your bread machine does most of the work!
One of the hardest things about eating Paleo is giving up bread. When even a simple sandwich was off the menu, I realized this new way of eating was going to require some huge lifestyle changes. It was more than I was prepared for.*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
I knew having a good Paleo bread machine recipe would help me stick with it. Since I love using my bread machine and there are almost no Paleo bread machine recipes online, I set out to come up with my own.
After months of experiments and dozens of loaves so bad they had to be thrown away, I finally came up with a Paleo bread machine recipe that works every time. Sandwiches are back in my life!
This loaf is a great substitute for regular bread. It’s very sturdy and won’t crumble or fall apart easily, which some Paleo breads tend to do, and the crust is tender and bakes to a nice golden brown in the bread machine.
Chia seeds, flax meal and, of course, yeast help give this Paleo bread a moist, flexible texture that’s a lot like regular bread. They do a pretty good job of simulating the gluten in regular bread, and even though this bread doesn’t rise much it’s still fairly light.
The Chia seeds and flax meal also give the bread a flavor and chewiness that reminds me of fresh whole grain bread. It goes well with almost any meal and tastes perfect with sweet and savory toppings.
With so many yummy sandwich fillings that are naturally Paleo, it’s no wonder my favorite thing about this bread is how well it slices. I can even slice it fairly thin with no problem. Being able to sink my teeth into a BLT again has been heavenly!
The recipe is very simple and easy to follow. It’s actually hard to mess up. I sometimes find Paleo baking recipes tricky to get right and expensive to make, so I did my best to make this one foolproof. As long as you stick to the recipe and use the same kind of bread machine as me – one that calls for wet ingredients to be added to the pan first – it should come out perfect every time.
I only have a few tips to pass on:
- Don’t be afraid to open your bread machine while it’s working, as long as it’s before baking has started. Paleo ingredients like almond flour mix less easily than regular flour, so you’ll most likely want to scrape the sides of the pan during the first mixing/kneading cycle.
- Give your flax and Chia seed mixture enough time to turn into a thick gel before adding it in with the rest of the ingredients. The more gel-like it is, the more flexibility it lends to the finished bread. It should only need 10 minutes or so, and I just let it set while I get the rest of the ingredients ready. Here’s a photo of what it should look like when it’s ready:
- My last tip goes for all Paleo baking recipes, and it’s don’t substitute. The flours used can behave very differently from one another, and trading one for another can easily ruin your recipe. If you don’t have the ingredients called for in a recipe, it’s worth waiting until you do. When I first started trying Paleo baking recipes I thought coconut flour would be okay to substitute for almond flour. It looks about the same, right? I ended up making cookies that were hard as rocks and better for throwing than eating. It was an expensive and silly mistake, and one I could have easily avoided.
- I store the bread in the refrigerator between uses, sealed in a plastic zipper bag. It keeps that way for at least a week. I’ve never had the bread last longer than that without being eaten.
If you like these Paleo bread machine recipe you may also like these recipes:Print
This easy Paleo bread machine recipe makes a delicious, all-purpose loaf you can slice and enjoy anytime. The best part is your bread machine does most of the work!
4 Tbsp Chia seeds
1 Tbsp flax meal
3/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp water
1/4 Cup coconut oil
3 eggs (room temperature)
1/2 Cup almond milk
2 Cups almond flour
1 1/4 Cups tapioca flour
1/3 Cup coconut flour
1 tsp Real Salt
1/4 Cups flax meal
2 tsp cream of tartar mixed well with:
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp bread machine yeast
3. Whisk in the Chia seed and flax meal gel. When it’s well combined, pour it into the bread machine pan.
6. Pour the dry ingredients into the bread machine. Make a little well on top and add the yeast.
7. Start the machine on the Whole Grain cycle for a 2 lb. loaf.
The cook time is approximate because it varies greatly from one machine to another and if you like a light or dark crust, etc.