Pizza is one of those foods that almost everyone loves. There are so many ways to customize a pizza, it is amazing! You can pretty much put any toppings on it you want and the chances are you will like it! Pizza is also one of the foods that is really hard to give up when one decides to change their diet to a Paleo diet, which is why we have came up with this paleo pizza crust recipe. Keep in mind that the texture of the crust is not going to be like a conventional pizza crust, but the flavor is fantastic. We tried a variety of different flours and ratios and thought almond flour lent the best flavor. Since there is no yeast used, this crust is fast to throw together and bakes more quickly as well. We topped ours with BBQ sauce, chicken, etc, and it was really good.
The other night I had some friends over and we were trying to decide what we wanted to eat for dinner. We had Alfredo sauce, tomatoes, olives, and chicken. We didn’t want to have pasta which is an easy choice but were looking to have something more exciting and tasty. So we realized oh hey we totally could make a homemade pizza! It turned out great and was great because we were able to customize the pizza for each person so that everyone got exactly what they were hoping for!
This Paleo pizza crust recipe is great because it gives us Paleo diet people a chance to enjoy a classic dish and still enjoy the flavor. Yet another win to having a recipe everybody loves and not having to completely modify the menu. We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Please COMMENT with your favorite topping combinations, we would love to try some of them out!
To Go with your Paleo pizza crust try our Paleo Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe. This recipe provides a way to have a “cheesy” flavor without actually using cheese!
If you would like to see the nutritional values click on the button below to see this recipes nutrition facts on my recipe magic. There is a tab at the top of the recipe and you go to the Nutrition tab to see the break down.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Make a well the center of the combined flours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, olive oil, coconut milk, and honey.
- Pour the mixture into the well of dry ingredients.
- Combine with a rubber spatula, mixture may seem a little wet at first.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and the coconut flour will soak up the excess moisture.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Lightly dust your hands with tapioca flour and press the dough out into a 12" circle. Crust should be thin, about ¼".
- Slide hands underneath the parchment paper and flip the crust over onto a pizza stone or greased baking sheet.
- Slowly peel back the parchment paper and discard.
- Top the crust with desired sauce and toppings and bake on the bottom rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes to get a crust that is still a bit soft underneath, for a crisper crust bake 15+ minutes.
- Remove and slice with a roller cutter.