Pizza is one of those foods that almost everybody loves. There are so many ways to customize a pizza it is amazing! You can pretty much put any toppings on it you want and the chances are you will like it! Pizza is also one of the foods that is really hard to give up when one decides to change their diet to a Paleo diet, which is why we have come up with this paleo pizza crust recipe. Keep in mind that the texture of the crust is not going to be like conventional pizza crust, but the flavor is fantastic. We tried a variety of different flours and ratios and though almond flour lent the best flavor. Since there is no yeast used, this crust is fast to throw together and bakes quicker as well. We topped ours with BBQ sauce, chicken, etc, and it was really good.
The other night I had some friends over and we were trying to decide what we wanted to eat for dinner. We had Alfredo sauce, tomatoes, olives, and chicken. We didn’t want to have pasta which is an easy choice but were looking to have something more exciting and tasty. So we realized oh hey we totally could make a homemade pizza! It turned out great and was great because we were able to customize the pizza for each person so that everyone got exactly what they were hoping for!
This Paleo pizza crust recipe is great because it gives us Paleo diet people a chance to enjoy a classic dish and still enjoy the flavor. Yet another win to having a recipe everybody loves and not having to completely modify the menu. We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Please COMMENT with your favorite topping combinations, we would love to try some of them out!
To Go with your Paleo pizza crust try our Paleo Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe. This recipe provides a way to have a “cheesy” flavor without actually using cheese!
If you would like to get more Paleo Recipes, please either view our Paleo recipes index, follow our Paleo Recipes board, follow us on Google+ or join our weekly Paleo Recipes Mailing List -
- ½ C. Almond Flour
- ½ C. Tapioca Flour
- ¼ C. + 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. Olive Oil
- ⅓ C. Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Make a well the center of the combined flours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, olive oil, coconut milk, and honey.
- Pour the mixture into the well of dry ingredients. Combine with a rubber spatula. Mixture may seem a little wet at first. Let it sit for a few minutes and the coconut flour will soak up the excess moisture.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Lightly dust your hands with tapioca flour and press the dough out into a 12" circle. Crust should be thin, about ¼". Slide hands underneath the parchment paper and flip the crust over onto a pizza stone or greased baking sheet. Slowly peel back the parchment paper and discard.
- Top the crust with desired sauce and toppings and bake on the bottom rack of the preheated oven. Bake for 12 minutes to get a crust that is still a bit soft underneath, for a crisper crust bake 15+ minutes.
- Remove and slice with a roller cutter.
The fine print: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. My Natural Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I try my best to be honest and will not recommend product I truly don't believe in. The advice shared in this post has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.