Paleo Breakfast Recipes and Ideas for a Great Start to Your Day
When I was first introduced to what a Paleo diet was and decided to try some Paleo breakfast recipes, I thought I would be only eating eggs with fruit every morning. I decided to do some research and was pleasantly surprised to find so many different recipes that look good are easy to make, healthy and don't have a huge list of ingredients.
Although, a suggestion to you that is often overlooked for a fantastic breakfast is leftovers. Yep. Make a little extra dinner and enjoy it the next day. I know this doesn't always work though so that's why I have all these other suggestions for you.
One of my favorite Paleo recipes is for muffins. I like to make those up one day when I have a little more time and then eat the leftovers for the next few mornings. The Paleo flours, like coconut flour and almond flour combine with eggs to make a very filling muffin that will keep you satisfied until lunch.
I don't know about you, but I am definitely not a morning person and when it comes to eating breakfast, that is what gets left out. Not Good! I really do hate making breakfast but I know also that it truly is the most important meal of the day.
I know that making anything Paleo isn't usually quick and easy because it takes much more preparation than just picking up a box of cereal at the store. Quick and easy are relative, meaning that quick and easy to one person will mean something totally different to another person.
Quick and easy ideas from other readers on my Facebook Group
- Eggs with whatever veggies we like in it, such as meat, broccoli, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, and onion.
- Plantain pancake made with yellow plantain, tbsp cassava flour and tbsp water, some leftover meat and roasted veggies!
- 2-3 hardboiled eggs, 1/2 to one whole avocado, Pink Himalayan salt to taste, any other spices you like.
- Chia pudding with a milk substitute - possibly mix in a handful of any Paleo mix (nuts, seeds, coconut), a handful of berries, a tablespoon of cacao, a shot of cold coffee.
- Eggs with avocados and Paleo pancakes.
- Stuffed chayote - cut the chayote in half, clean out the heart. Put in boiling water. Cook until tender. Then take off fire and let cool down. Scoop out the meat of the chayote and put it in a bowl. Keep the shell of the chayote. Mix the meat of the chayote with butter, salt, peppers, and cassava flour. Stuff back into chayote skins, sprinkle cassava flour on top and put in the oven to bake for 10 mins. Enjoy!
- Apples and oranges/cuties cut up with pecans and cinnamon or Toasted coconut shavings with raisins in coconut milk.
- Mashed bananas, warmed up, add cinnamon and sliced almonds.
- Cut up cabbage, carrots scallion, thyme, salt garlic, black pepper, and onion. Put in a frying pan with hot water, then grate a coconut and add water to it. Add coconut cream and curry. Let steam until 1/2 of the cream is reduced. Do not stir the pot, leave it. Then turn off the pot and enjoy.
- Mixed nuts, berries, bananas, almond milk - healthy cereal.
- One ripe banana mashed with two eggs makes an awesome pancake batter. Cook like a regular pancake in your favorite oil, and, if you like, top with chopped fruit mixed with a little honey and lemon.
- Paleo muesli
- Paleo toast
- Sweet potatoes w/ blueberries and a little bacon
- Egg casserole with veggies
- Homemade sausage from pastured pork
- Homemade flaxseed and coconut flour focaccia bread
- Sauteed veggies with a fruit salad.
- Boiled eggs with a medium apple
- Your favorite breakfast eggs on top of of a chopped salad
- Spaghetti squash breakfast bake
- Spaghetti squash and marinara sauce
- Coconut yogurt with fruit
- Sweet potato pancakes with a fried egg
- Paleo banana bread with a side of fruit
- Curried pumpkin - cut the pumpkin into pieces and boil with salted water. Then drain the pumpkin and mash it with a fork. Cut up onion, garlic, scallion. Put the frying pan on the stove. Put in a little coconut oil and add curry, put in cut up herbs and seasonings, add salt to taste and a little pepper. Then add pumpkins. Once onions are soft in 10 mins. take the pan off the stove.
- Scrambled eggs on sweet potato toast. Slice the sweet potato and put it in the toaster.
- Sweet potato in the toaster
- Paleo bread with smashed avocado, tomato, and turkey bacon
- Paleo granola and almond milk
- Egg breakfast casserole - Mix up eggs, almond milk, veggies, and precooked meat of choice.) Put in a baking dish and bake until cooked.
- Almond meal pancakes - Almond meal, 2 x eggs, 1 teaspoon almond butter and coconut milk or almond milk cooked in coconut oil. I will sometimes make my own jam to go with. Or just add some berries!
- Half a pear chopped up, topped with coconut yogurt and paleo granola.
- Pre-peeled hard-boiled eggs (3-4 of them) and a half to a whole avocado
- Pre-make Ziploc bags of your chopped veggies and meat, the day of add an egg or two and make an omelet.
- My rocket fuel latte - 6 oz of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp grass-fed butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1-2 scoop collagen, a squeeze of stevia, then add your coffee and blend it all up.
- Banana shake - 1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, cinnamon, 1 Tbsp almond butter, ice. Blend.
- Cauliflower hash with diced onions and bacon then topped with a fried egg.