Almond Paleo brownie recipe – this reminds me a lot of when I was a kid. We wanted to make a treat and we didn’t have much in the house. Our mom didn’t want to go to the store and we had to find something in the Betty Crocker book that used common ingredients we had on hand. We ended up making vanilla brownies quite a bit, so I grew to appreciate non-chocolate brownies.
A brownie that isn’t chocolate – what’s the point? I 80% agree that there is no point in making a chocolate free brownie…but 20% of the time I get it…and after eating these Vanilla Almond Brownies I get it 50-100% of the time. Seriously they are rich, buttery, and flavored with just the right amount of almond and vanilla flavor. As I was eating them I considered giving up chocolate F.O.R.E.V.E.R. No worries – I did eventually come to my senses once I came out of my vanilla coma, but these are definitely good enough to make you forget about chocolate for a moment at least.*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
Plus, as I have mentioned before; I have a weird dad that doesn’t like chocolate…so I like to make things that he might enjoy every once in awhile, especially since he is my most devoted and loyal reader. One of these days I will make him a batch of these without eating them all first – one day.
These brownies are topped with a coconut almond frosting that add the perfect amount of lightness to the richer brownie. It compliments the brownie perfectly – so I highly recommend including the frosting! Plus who doesn’t love frosting? These are actually perfect to make for someone who thinks they don’t like coconut. After they try the coconut cream frosting, they just may change their mind.
Here are some tips and tricks to make these almond Paleo brownies even better:
- You probably could substitute the butter with something like coconut oil, but it just wouldn’t be the same. I happen to think these need the buttery taste and richness. I also happen to think butter is just fine on the Paleo diet. You could use ghee though. That would give them an even more intense butter taste, which would be a good option.
- I use coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Coconut cream is what you get after you put a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and then skim the cream from the top of the can.
I would love to know if you try these and what you think of them and if you like them as much as chocolate brownies. Please comment below and let me know what you think.
If you like this almond paleo brownie, you may also like these recipes:Print
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1 1/2 baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (or ghee)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
For the Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shift together the almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter with the pure maple syrup and coconut sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet mixture.
- Pour into a well greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix together ingredients for the frosting and frost the brownies.
I hope you enjoy this almond paleo brownie recipe.