As a child I living in Utah, a coconut was something I didn’t hardly ever see or know much about. One thing I do remember is that my aunt lived in Samoa for 2 years and she mailed a whole coconut with the husk on, to my grandparents. She wrote the address on the actual coconut in black marker, painted varnish over it to preserve the address and to make it shiny, stuck stamps to the coconut and mailed it that way.
My grandparents never ate it because they didn’t know how to break it open. They had that coconut sitting in their living room for years and I thought it was the coolest thing.
I love, love, LOVE, coconut in any form. It is probably my favorite fruit (and yes, it is a fruit). I cook with it, condition my hair with it, use it as lotion and any other way I can.
Here is a list of the best 20 coconut recipes. There are a few desserts in my list and although I don’t classify any dessert as healthy, I do consider these to be much healthier dessert options.
I don’t know about you, but I need some dessert in my life occasionally, or more often than I’d like to admit, but the greatest part about these desserts is that I don’t feel guilty eating them.
- 1. Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders with Blackberry Sweet Chili Lime Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 2. Chicken Coconut Korma Recipe
- 3. Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 4. Chickpea Sundal Recipe
- 5. Chocolate Peppermint Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 6. Coconut Macaroon Bird’s Nest Cookies Recipe
- 7. Dairy-Free Chocolate Ice Cream with Toasted Coconut Recipe
- 8. No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 9. Coconut Lime Madeleines Recipe
- 10. Coconut-Nut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Click here to see recipes 11-20