I planted one pumpkin plant in my garden this spring and now I have 7 of the most beautiful pumpkins. I’m saving them for Halloween decorations. I like to draw on my pumpkins rather than carve them, which is a lot less messy. After Halloween I can preserve them to make pumpkin pies and use them in other pumpkin recipes. I hate store bought canned pumpkin, it’s so – cooked too much. I like to cook mine up and then freeze it and then I can just take it out of the freezer and use it quickly and easily in all of my pumpkin recipes.
Want to know a secret? My mother never uses pumpkin in her pumpkin recipes, she always uses squash. Several kinds of squash will work but my Mom’s favorites are hubbard, acorn, banana and butternut. No one ever knows the difference. Pumpkin has a different texture and is a little more watery and my Mom likes the flavor of squash better. She freezes squash in a zip loc bag the same way she does pumpkin.
These recipes are great for everyone. I dare you to look at our list and not want to try at least one of them. I know I want to try several of them.
October and November are going to have some great new recipes for the whole family to try.
I bet you didn’t know there are so many different kinds of paleo recipes with pumpkin in them. I have paleo pumpkin recipes for muffins, granola and coffee cake plus pumpkin soup, pumpkin stew and pumpkin chicken curry. Then of course I have a bunch of paleo pumpkin desserts recipes.
Other recipes you may also enjoy:
- 25 of the Best Paleo Pumpkin Recipes
- 1. Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 2. Paleo Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 3. Paleo Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 4. Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 5. Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 6. Paleo Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 7. Paleo Double Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe
- 8. Paleo Pumpkin Alfredo Recipe with Wilted Garlic Kale
- 9. Easy Paleo One-Pan Curry Chicken Recipe with Vegetables
- 10. Paleo Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- 11. Creamy Paleo Pumpkin Sausage & Kale Soup Recipe
- 12. Paleo Pumpkin Soup Recipe