This took a little bit longer to make all of the different parts but it was nice because I already the sauce made and the buns don’t have to cook very long.I served the sloppy joes with roasted sweet potato fries.
This is a great recipe for the summer time! It doesn’t get better than a “gooey messy burger”. The sweet potato fries were great. I also might eat our zucchini chips with this recipe or a simple fruit or vegetable on the side to supplement the sloppy joe.
My Natural Family
15 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 12 ounces Hickory Smoked Bacon, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- Paleo BBQ Sauce
- Paleo Buns, to serve
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef. Add the beef to a slow cooker.
- Add the diced bacon to the same pan the beef was cooked in(no need to wash) and cook until it is just starting to brown.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the bacon and saute until the bacon is fully cooked, and the onion and pepper are soft and translucent. Add the bacon, onion, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Add the BBQ sauce ingredients to the slow cooker, stir well, and heat on low for 2 hours.
- Alternately, it may be cooked on the stove top for about half an hour until heated through and the hamburger has softened.
- Serve on My Paleo Hamburger Buns Recipe.