Pull up a seat and get ready for this Caribbean Paleo Jerk Chicken Recipe we have ready for you today. It’s baked in the oven so it’s nice and healthy too. This Paleo Jerk Chicken is quick, flavorful, and healthy. It only takes about 10 minutes to throw together.
Bake time will really depend on just how big your chicken breasts are, so make sure to allow for that when baking. For those who like a little more of a “spicy” kick, a pinch or two of red pepper flakes could be added to the sauce.
For quicker cooking chicken, slice the breasts in half or use chicken tenderloins (my favorite). Breasts can be left whole, but the overall cooking time will just be longer – but the chicken will be juicier. I would also love to know if any of you try this on chicken thighs or legs. I bet it would be really good on chicken legs.
I want to make it clear that the rice in the images is not Paleo. However, if you are on the Paleo diet, this Paleo Jerk Chicken recipe would taste great with cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower, mashed butternut squash or roasted butternut squash. For the Clean Eating diet, use white rice or quinoa. This would be really pretty with “rainbow quinoa,” which is white and red quinoa mixed together.
You should give this recipe a try and let us know what you think about it. Have you ever tried Paleo Jerk Chicken before?
This easy roasted vegetables recipe is my #1 way to cook vegetables. I’m obsessed and you will be too. Try it with any recipe.
If you like this Paleo Jerk Chicken, you may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo Baked Chicken Recipe – Caribbean Jerk
This baked chicken is super summery, flavorful, and healthy. It only takes about 10 minutes to throw together. Bake time will really depend on just how big your chicken breasts are, so make sure to allow for that when baking. For those who like a little more of a “spicy” kick, a pinch or two of red pepper flakes could be added to the sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cut into thick slices)
- ½ Fresh Pineapple (cut into ½ “ thick slices)
- 1 Tbl Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- ½ Tbl Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbl Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbl Raw Honey
- ¼ Cup Coconut Aminos
- Cilantro (chopped, to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9×13” baking dish. Place the chicken breasts and bell pepper and pineapple slices in the dish, keeping plenty of pineapple and peppers between each chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, pepper, and salt.
- Stir in the chopped garlic and lime juice to make a paste.
- Add in the honey and coconut aminos, whisking to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, pineapple, and peppers, coating all surfaces.
- Bake for about 35 minutes(if chicken breasts were cut in half). For whole breasts, bake the dish for 50-55 minutes
- Serve garnished with a little chopped cilantro.